wndr3700v2 - Wont accept DD-WRT file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Booster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
There is also a Class II Permissive change filed for this FCC Id allowing Netgear to change model name, product name, and re-layout the circuit board.

A manufacturer does not have to file a Class II Permissive change for memory up- or downgrade (it doesn't affect the routers HF radiation) so there is no way to see from the FCC filings what memory configuration these new versions have.

The v2 is from what I understand a v1 with the new circuit board and a 3800 is a v2 with additional software features.
We will not know that for sure though until someone opens up his v2 (and 3800 when it becomes available) and documents the hardware.

I hope this picture can help in some way, I took these pictures prior to checking the FCC listings to see that the permissive change has the same layout as what I have. I have some more pictures of the back if needed.

Now the question is, is this the retail model? I am pretty sure it is but if anyone is wondering I got this in December for a week long study program for the new Netgear interface, setup, and last minute feedback on any quirks and problems.

If any better pictures is needed let me know, I haven't completely put it back together yet.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7429/dsc08301k.jpg
Sponsor
Rentfrow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Booster wrote:
LOM wrote:
There is also a Class II Permissive change filed for this FCC Id allowing Netgear to change model name, product name, and re-layout the circuit board.

A manufacturer does not have to file a Class II Permissive change for memory up- or downgrade (it doesn't affect the routers HF radiation) so there is no way to see from the FCC filings what memory configuration these new versions have.

The v2 is from what I understand a v1 with the new circuit board and a 3800 is a v2 with additional software features.
We will not know that for sure though until someone opens up his v2 (and 3800 when it becomes available) and documents the hardware.

I hope this picture can help in some way, I took these pictures prior to checking the FCC listings to see that the permissive change has the same layout as what I have. I have some more pictures of the back if needed.

Now the question is, is this the retail model? I am pretty sure it is but if anyone is wondering I got this in December for a week long study program for the new Netgear interface, setup, and last minute feedback on any quirks and problems.

If any better pictures is needed let me know, I haven't completely put it back together yet.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7429/dsc08301k.jpg

Smallnetbuilder just reviewed this router. They have some more board images. http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/31396-netgear-wndr3700v2-n600-wireless-dual-band-gigabit-router-reviewed
I just bought the router myself and I am running into the same issues loading the firmware as you.
The router seems very stable so I think I will stick with it. Hopefully a compatible DD-WRT firmware will be released soon.
shrapnel64
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too would love to see a WNDR3700v2 DD-WRT capable firmware image. I've grown to love the feature set and things that we're able to do with it, and I really appreciate all of the developers work.

I see OpenWRT has a new image ready (at least one of the developers), however, when I was playing around with it last night, I kept losing my 2.4Ghz Radio and 5Ghz Radios.

I went back to stock Netgear for now, and so far things are OK, but I'm only using it for Internet right now.

I upgraded to the WNDR3700v2 device from a Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 and saw about 2x the bandwidth from my same setup.

Thanks in advance!
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
we are working on it. it would be easier if we get a h/w sample for development. everything else is risky for users

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
making progress. i hope i can upload a test firmware soon here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
if someone isnt afraid. try this image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's unfair Dan. I just re-purchased this wndr3700 router because it is being supported by dd-wrt now. How are the average consumer to know which version they are getting? I'm learning about red spine boxes and what FCC ID#PY30830092 declares after purchasing the same.

Ironically I purchased v1 of this router last year when dd-wrt work began on the project. I took it back and purchased it again because:

"The Netgear WNDR3700 is an extremely powerful consumer 802.11 a/b/g/n router, sporting a lightning fast Atheros CPU, lots of RAM, lots of flash space, and capable of high transmit power that even gives 2Wire a run for the money makes this router is ready for the future, and DD-WRT makes it even better. Installation of DD-WRT is very simple and can be done in a few steps."

Notice version 1 or 2 is not denoted in the wiki, database or package. Of course this won't help the average consumer but it would have given me a clue. Instead my first clue was not until I prepared to flash it with the image I now know is for version 1. Since the version numbers were the same I aborted the process and started reading lol

Dan R. Hansen wrote:

It would be more than that, it would be dumb.
Get yourself a router which you know is supported - don't buy a router under the premises that you expect it to be supported later on.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
the WNDR3700v2 is technical identical to v1. it has just more flash and this is covered by the test image here. still waiting for testing response

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
the WNDR3700v2 is technical identical to v1. it has just more flash and this is covered by the test image here. still waiting for testing response

Wow, I can confirm, that DD-WRT now supports WNDR3700v2. Very Happy
Flashing through Stock-Firmware-Webinterface ( V1.0.0.8 ).
... and now successfully connected via WDS with my Main-Router (WNDR3700(v1)).

@Brainslayer
You own all my respect!
Great work

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

Can you please do the same magic for Asus RT-N13U B1 which is the same as RT-N13U except that the B1 version has double size of ram and flash, ie 8MB flash and 64MB ram. Smile

Serial log and mtd partition data here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76472

(I have the router and can test builds)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi !

I've just installed this firmware and it work well, the only problem i have seen so far is that i can't use Firefox to make any changes in the configuration. When i click on "Apply" it takes me to a blank web page: http://10.1.1.1/apply.cgi If i return to my router web page nothing is changed. Is there any issues with firefox ?

Thank you very much for this release ! I've just bought this router and 15 minutes after it's online i have put dd-wrt !

Good job !
vheyndri
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've also uploaded it to my WNDR3700v2 device via the webinterface without a problem. Original firmware Netgear 1.0.0.8.

However, I notice an important problem with the MAC addresses of the network devices.

Brainslayer, you've got mail Cool
Kronyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same for me, i have: 00:FF:02:FF:01:FE as WAN, wich is not the one i should have !
Blackhand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was able to flash my WNDR3700 with the firmware you posted Brainslayer without any issue.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
the mac issue will be fixed in next build. one user was kind enough to send me a backup of his flash memory. so i was able to find that issue quick

Navigation

Jump to: