wndr3700v2 - Wont accept DD-WRT file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
robingo88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 18:05    Post subject: Re: WNDR3700v2 not flashing Reply with quote
maximus0206 wrote:
Just bought the wndr3700v2, fails every time when trying to flash dd-wrt. shipped with 1.0.0.6 NA firmware, failed. Updated to 1.0.0.8 world firmware from netgear website, still fails when trying Brainslayer's latest wndr3700-factory.img

Any tips on getting this thing flashed? Possible to ssh into it and flash from there?

so you're saying you tried the "wndr3700v2-factory.img" brainslayer posted in this thread at the top of this page? i just purchased a v2 this weekend, updated to the 1.0.0.8 world firmware, just like you, and then used the link above and right now all is wonderful and i've got DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/19/11) std - build 16230 running on my unit.

good luck!
Sponsor
lrg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Edited out.

Last edited by lrg on Mon May 16, 2011 9:18; edited 1 time in total
nodjack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys

I'm new to DD-WRT. I've just installed BrainSlayer's latest release on my WNDR3700v2. So far, I've got the following up and running:

- Basic routing functionality
- Mounted my external USB HDD formatted with NTFS, mounted as /mnt
- ProFTPd works and can see everything on my USB HDD

However, I have so far failed to get Samba working.

My settings:

Samba: Enabled
Server String: blank
Workgroup: WORKGROUP
Path to Files: /mnt
Public Share: Enabled
Readonly: Disabled
Custom config: Disabled

Windows 7 can see the device from Network Connections as "DD-WRT", but just gives an error when trying to connect. If I try to do a

net use z: \\dd-wrt\Public

It asks for a username and password, and won't accept the router admin user and password.

Can some kind soul please tell me what's wrong here?
anotherlab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
How is the reliability of the radios with this release? I just bought a WNDR3700v2 and I have read some posts on here about problems with the signal strength dropping and connections dropping after installing DD-WRT.

The stock firmware is pretty good, but I miss being able to have a VPN server.
omniwired
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
One day since I install and things are great. It works perfectly.

Is my first time with dd-wrt and I'm amazed. The stock firmware was good, but with dd is awesome.

I did change some settings in the wireless tab:

-I brought this router in the US but right now I'm not there so i change the reg domain, is this safe?

-I set tx power to 26 Dbm for 2.4 Ghz and 24 Dgm to 5Ghz as I found in the internet that those are the specs the radios included. Again this is a good idea, stock was 20 dbm both....

I believe there is a bug in the uPnP service. I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks for everything!!
hagala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would you guys think running OpenVPN server on a dedicated server is faster than hosting it on the wndr3700v2?

I currently have a vmware version of openvpn running works great and fast as my server has highend NICs.

But i can then free a VM if running it on the wndr3700 isn't too much of a difference.
eminenttech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 21:14    Post subject: Where is the link? Reply with quote
I am looking for the link to the firmware for the WNDR3700v2 that BrainSlayer posted in this thread. I must be blind because I cannot find the link for the file wndr3700v2-factory.img. HELP!
sainttjames
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
top of page 3

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=18310
anotherlab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
omniwired wrote:
One day since I install and things are great. It works perfectly.

Is my first time with dd-wrt and I'm amazed. The stock firmware was good, but with dd is awesome.

Can you post back after a week? I would love to install DD-WRT, but I don't want to compromise radio performance.
malsec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
How's the page loading? Is it faster than stock firmware 10.0.0.8 ?
Panties
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Everything has been pretty good. Only problem I have had is that on Ventrilo, sometimes I get a huge storm of messages all at once from one person. I get that same burst lag sometimes with WoW but other applications seem to work fine. I had this problem on the stock firmware as well though. Any suggestions to solve this?
Kronyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Panties wrote:
Everything has been pretty good. Only problem I have had is that on Ventrilo, sometimes I get a huge storm of messages all at once from one person. I get that same burst lag sometimes with WoW but other applications seem to work fine. I had this problem on the stock firmware as well though. Any suggestions to solve this?

I use Ventrilo with DD_WRT and had no issues.
Savetherocks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just installed the test firmware on my US-bought WNDR3700v2 and have had no problems whatsoever.
savy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Brainslayer, congrats for your great work.Its really great to see DD-WRT on WNDR3700v2.

I want to port some applications and customize the kernel for WNDR3700v2. Therefore I need to compile the source code.I have already downloaded the code(pb42) for atheros chipset from DD-WRT's SVN.

DD-WRT provides some documentation about how to compile DD-WRT source code for broadcom platforms. Could you please let me know how to compile this source code for Atheros platforms?

Thanks in advance.
RoosterD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 18:20    Post subject: Re: WNDR3700v2 not flashing Reply with quote
robingo88 wrote:

so you're saying you tried the "wndr3700v2-factory.img" brainslayer posted in this thread at the top of this page? i just purchased a v2 this weekend, updated to the 1.0.0.8 world firmware, just like you, and then used the link above and right now all is wonderful and i've got DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/19/11) std - build 16230 running on my unit.

good luck!

disregard...
World works for NA firmware.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: