wndr3700v2 - Wont accept DD-WRT file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
bmn001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I grabbed the build over at the top of page 3. (I had to register for the forum before the attachment would even appear - in case anyone's having similar problems!)

I threw it onto my WNDR3700v2 (NA version with the latest stock firmware) and it worked right off the bat.

So I'm a new dd-wrt user. I've used Tomato for many, many years so I'm not clear what the upgrade process is for dd-wrt.

So I have some questions.

- Can anyone update the router database? Because the v2 is supported (at least in beta form?), but v2 is not represented at all in the db. The wiki needs updating too but I don't care enough to register for yet another account to do it myself. :)

- Now that I have a working build of dd-wrt loaded onto my router, how will I know when new builds are released? I'm guessing I need to religiously check the router database for builds that are specific to my router? and/or here?
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/
What's the 'official' way to do this?

Overall I think I'm getting the hang of it. There's a lot of things that I miss from Tomato like sorting arrows for tabular data and easy editing of static dhcp assignments, but I'll live. Smile
Sponsor
KevTech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone that has flashed a WNDR3700V2 been able to get the logs working?

I enabled the Syslogd service and enabled logging on the firewall tab but nothing appears in inbound or outbound log.

Unless I need to enable something else Question
tangoalpha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Long time lurker finally created a account.
So I loaded up that beta firmware from BrainSlayer and here are some things that seem to be not working
1. The gigabit switch doesn't work only shows to working at a 10/100 state
2. The wireless lights constantly blink for 2.4g and 5g
cloggy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello KevTech,

If you have a Windows PC, you might consider to install Syslog Watcher Version 4.0.7 (http://www.snmpsoft.com/downloads.html) ..it's free for personal use and has lots of selection/filter options.
Note that you have to keep the Windows server running.. Sad
tangoalpha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone help me with putting this router back to factory default firmware Im a newbie to dd-wrt stuff Crying or Very sad
KevTech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
tangoalpha wrote:
Can someone help me with putting this router back to factory default firmware Im a newbie to dd-wrt stuff Crying or Very sad

Sure: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=79802
KevTech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
tangoalpha wrote:
Long time lurker finally created a account.
So I loaded up that beta firmware from BrainSlayer and here are some things that seem to be not working
1. The gigabit switch doesn't work only shows to working at a 10/100 state
2. The wireless lights constantly blink for 2.4g and 5g

From: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3700

Q: After flashing DD-WRT, the LAN LEDs are now green for 10/100M and orange 1000M?

A: This is an intentional change by the DD-WRT developers, Netgear had the colors backwards as gigabit is usually orange (check your NIC card!).

Q: Are my wireless LEDs supposed to be flashing constantly? Stock firmware didn't do this.

A: Yes they are, that is another intentional change to DD-WRT. The slow steady flashing means the radios are on with no activity, when there is data being transferred they will rapidly flash like stock firmware.
DeusExCalamus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stupid question, I know, but there's two files available on page 3, which do I use? the webflash bin or the factory img?
malsec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
DeusExCalamus wrote:
Stupid question, I know, but there's two files available on page 3, which do I use? the webflash bin or the factory img?

Use the factory.img for first time flashing.

The webflash.bin is for updating from existing dd-wrt firmware.
DeusExCalamus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
malsec wrote:

Use the factory.img for first time flashing.

The webflash.bin is for updating from existing dd-wrt firmware.

Thanks much, wish me luck Smile
DeusExCalamus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to post back to say that I flashed it and it seems to be running fine.
FattysGoneWild
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:45    Post subject: Noob.... Reply with quote
I have been using Tomato for years. I no nothing about ddwrt but have heard it is good stuff. I just purchased this router the other day which is v2. Do you just load the .img file on page 3 in the gui of router and upgrade? I seen the guide on how to go back to stock firmware. But can someone post a quick how to flash using version 2 of this router? Does ddwrt have a similar feature of clearing nvram in the gui like Tomato? I would imagine that needs to be done after the flash? I also remember reading V1 having some radio loss when flashed and it was permanent even going back to stock firmware. Does this latest version have that issue with V2?
Panties
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
30/30/30 Reboot does not work on this router with DD-WRT firmware on or with the original firmware.
Dirkxke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gonna try this firmware later this evening!

Thx for making it work on the V2!

I always used a WRT54G V2 with DD-wrt on it and now that i have upgraded my internet connection to a 60mbit down connection the WRT54G wasnt fast enough to handle the 60mbit.

From the first day i have the netgear i wanted DD-WRT on it but the router db listed it as a WIP (time to update that :p)
aeppert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:49    Post subject: Netgear WDNR3700v2 - 2.4GHz problem? Reply with quote
Anyone noticed a problem with the WNDR3700v2 and the 2.4GHz radio stopping working after 48hours or so? The 5GHz side seems to be fine, however that's obviously not good enough.

The only resolution to the issue is to power cycle the device. Curious if there is a software side fix to this or work around? If not, I am likely just going to return the device as I don't feel like resetting the device every few days.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: