Linksys E4200 Router released (test build available)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
fallout330
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
yousaf465 wrote:
Masterman wrote:
LOM wrote:
It's Atheros based, innit?

4200/2 = 2100 Razz

My guess is Ralink due to the 3x3 MIMO on 5GHz radio...

I don't so, linksys can't survive without DD-wrt support.

I think you make an excellent point yousaf465 Razz

Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tomatousb.org/forum/t-299811/linksys-e4200-available-now#post-979501
Quote:

The E4200 firmware on the Linksys website confirms it is Broadcom, running Linux 2.4.20, BusyBox v1.00-pre2, dnsmasq, etc so the GPL sourcecode release will be interesting.

Web interface uses www/mobile/scripts/jquery.js so maybe designed to work on smart phones?

Has samba and TwonkyVision

Presumably old kernel for speed?

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ick it's Broadcom based. The current Broadcom based models already have tons of throughput problems especially with dd-wrt. So even when it does get support then I doubt we can expect more than 100mbps throughput on the wireless which is already possible with 2x2 MIMO models.

Since it's using new radios it will need a newer driver and Eko will likely need one to work on. If anyone has one then try to get the boot log from serial and a copy of the CFE.

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_detection

santiagodraco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ordered one today. Very interested to see if this thing outperforms the 3700 as a general purpose router AND if it can act as a bridge (using two in bridge mode). According to the "tech" when calling Cisco it "can provided it is configured properly..." yeah, that raises my confidence level Smile Considering there's absolutely no mention of bridging in the manual, I'm doubtful!

Looking forward to word from the experts and the possibility of DD-WRT in the near future!
fallout330
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
santiagodraco wrote:
Ordered one today. Very interested to see if this thing outperforms the 3700 as a general purpose router AND if it can act as a bridge (using two in bridge mode). According to the "tech" when calling Cisco it "can provided it is configured properly..." yeah, that raises my confidence level Smile Considering there's absolutely no mention of bridging in the manual, I'm doubtful!

Looking forward to word from the experts and the possibility of DD-WRT in the near future!

Can't wait to see your results.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:03    Post subject: Alright, I got mine tonight... Reply with quote
Alright, I just got mine home from BB, let me get it torn apart and see if I can get some pics for y'all.
x-cimo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can't wait to see the inside Smile
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 17:31    Post subject: Inside. Reply with quote
I have taken pictures of the inside and I can confirm minus the wireless card inside, it is very simular to the E3000. It however does have uspf- connections on the main board so you can mod it to sufice external antennas.. I believe it is up to the moderation staff here to allow or not allow pictures, as cisco's design is waiting patent and the pictures are not going to be available until 1/31/2011 on the fcc site..

However we can dump serial output and CFE I believe without a problem.

Fractal
ink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 17:41    Post subject: Re: Inside. Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
I have taken pictures of the inside and I can confirm minus the wireless card inside, it is very simular to the E3000. It however does have uspf- connections on the main board so you can mod it to sufice external antennas.. I believe it is up to the moderation staff here to allow or not allow pictures, as cisco's design is waiting patent and the pictures are not going to be available until 1/31/2011 on the fcc site..

Fractal

Could you upload some inside pictures ? Smile Smile
altdel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 19:09    Post subject: Re: Inside. Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:

Fractal

I doubted if Cisco is waiting for a patent on the design. The reason for a delayed release of internal pictures is for competitive reasons (you don't want your competitor to know what chips you used). In fact, Linksys routers are ODM designed and manufactured, meaning Linksys only wrote the specification; some Original Design Manufacturers did the design and manufacturing. Linksys only has to market it and sell it.

So, could you upload some internal pics?
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm interested to see the progress on this new unit. And to find out what the exact specs are. Cool

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 23:26    Post subject: Re: Inside. Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:

Fractal

There's absolutely no reason not to post pictures of publicly available hardware.

SNB has a review up, the 2.4GHz radio is the internal BCM4718 radio and the 5GHz radio is a BCM4331.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/31399-cisco-linksys-e4200-maximum-performance-wireless-n-router-reviewed

Last edited by phuzi0n on Tue Jan 25, 2011 23:37; edited 1 time in total
Mordak
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 23:30    Post subject: Re: Inside. Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
Fractal wrote:

Fractal

There's absolutely no reason not to post pictures of publicly available hardware.
I agree if you can buy it you can take photos of it and post them. Unless you signed a contract with Linksys not to do so. Wink

ASUS AC3200
Linksys WRT32X
Linksys WRT3200 ACM
x-cimo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Repost:

smallnetbuilder review is up and the e4200 kick ass:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/31399-cisco-linksys-e4200-maximum-performance-wireless-n-router-reviewed

Mine is on the way, can't wait to get DDWRT running on this Smile
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
As requested, here is one of the first photos... I took this with my blackberry, I will add more in a few when I dig out the digital..

[/img]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: