Linksys E4200 Router released (test build available)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
ironmanco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did a search on tickets that mention the E4200 and there are only 2 that I could find. That would lead me to believe that the other issues (dyndns, etc) are not platform specific. I'm using 17201 which is a pretty old build now but what most folks find as stable. I am not live with my E4200 yet as I kind of need dyndns and it to be super stable.

I just found it odd that there was a lot of back-and-forth on this thread as people were picking up new loads then it got real quiet. Maybe everyone is happy Smile

SHoTTa35 wrote:
Work is done on everything all at once with a little specific stuff throw in here and there. Work is done everyday so check the changelog:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline

You can create tickets for stuff that you find broken with the e4200 there as well. Oh and search first that way you don't create a duplicate.
Sponsor
nikon858
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any working build?

Flashed 17201 and now wl1 works but wl0 doesn't, I can see it but my computer won't connect.

In the build recommended on dd-wrt web page 16785 I couldn't even see wl1 when I scanned the network. But wl0 did work.

Is it just to early to be running dd wrt on this router? The rest of the functionality seems to be working great. But I did upgrade to this router for the superior wireless radios. Upgraded from wrt54gl.
Wolfair
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
"nikon858 Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 am Post subject:

Flashed 17201 and now wl1 works but wl0 doesn't, I can see it but my computer won't connect.

In the build recommended on dd-wrt web page 16785 I couldn't even see wl1 when I scanned the network. But wl0 did work.

Is it just to early to be running dd wrt on this router? The rest of the functionality seems to be working great. But I did upgrade to this router for the superior wireless radios. Upgraded from wrt54gl. "

Well my does work just fine. At first wl0 doesn't work at 300N after switching to 40MHz and add WPA2 Personal AES, I can change it to 300N fix not AUTO mode. Then lower the ACK to 100 instead 2000 (default)
This router has lots of potential, I did test other option yet like Repeter Brigde or USB (nas, printer, ext)
Wolfair
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Forgot something too.

on wl1 I have 450N same encryption WPA2 Personal AES.
Using last BIG bluid from DD-WRT.
hackitz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I have issue's with the e4200 as well. the last build i used was the recommended one from the wiki. I had nothing but issue's with the wireless. had to keep shutting the e4200 down.

I have now put it away and use an asus rt-n16, hopefully the e4200 will have better support in the future.
SHoTTa35
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wolfair wrote:
"nikon858 Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 am Post subject:

Is it just to early to be running dd wrt on this router? The rest of the functionality seems to be working great. But I did upgrade to this router for the superior wireless radios. Upgraded from wrt54gl. "

Well my does work just fine. At first wl0 doesn't work at 300N after switching to 40MHz and add WPA2 Personal AES, I can change it to 300N fix not AUTO mode. Then lower the ACK to 100 instead 2000 (default)
This router has lots of potential, I did test other option yet like Repeter Brigde or USB (nas, printer, ext)

FYI- I ONLY use WL1 or the 5Ghz channel on my E4200 using Build 17201 BIG as i have so many 2.4Ghz networks around me. This is working perfectly with a Intel 6300 card and has worked great for the last few builds. I also use AUTO on BOTH WL0 and WL1. Of-course using WPA2/AES as well.
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Running 17266 since 06 July.
Restarted once due to a power outage Twisted Evil otherwise would have been up since that day!

Wl1 on 5Ghz N with Client Bridge connected streaming full BD50 without hiccups!!!
WL0 on 2.4 G-Band with 3 laptops and a couple of cell phones.

No degradation in signal, almost no errors in signal
This is the build which is working for me!
titan_rw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi.

I've got a e4200 running dd-wrt as well. Currently running dd-wrt.v24-17084_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k

Overall working very well.

The only two problem I have are known bugs. The DDNS one, and the httpd crash when setting up qos:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/bugtracker/view.php?id=4092

Is there any other versions that are known to work on the e4200 that don't have the above qos bug? I understand there's a workaround for ddns. But with the bug setting up custom qos services, I have to completely re-enter all my qos services every time I want to add one.

Thanks.
strannik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
it looks like there is a mod of tomato that supports it
http://victek.is-a-geek.com/tomato.html
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
strannik wrote:
it looks like there is a mod of tomato that supports it
http://victek.is-a-geek.com/tomato.html

Yes it is supports one of the wifi bands.
PhoenixReborn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
16785, 16994, 17201 all function with the router, however they do NOT allow 40mhz on the 2.4 ghz channel, nor channel selection on 2.4ghz. Is there a fix incoming for this?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
BS 18000 or Eko 17990 build should be used on this router. All previous builds that can work on this router had problems. However, please note that some users are reporting problems with SSH and possibly Samba, especially if they don't do a proper hard reset before and after flashing.

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/12-12-11-r18000/

Be SURE you understand how builds work and which build to flash. Follow the WIKI initially and THEN upgrade to a NV60 build. READ THE PEACOCK ANNOUNCEMENT. If you don't fully understand what you are doing, you will brick your router.

Due to the fact that this thread is 47 pages long, and people continue to simply append information at the end without reading, it will remain locked. The issues with newer builds are not specific to the E4200, with perhaps the exception of the 5ghz radio issue that has already been discussed at length in this thread.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 Display posts from previous:    Page 47 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: