TP-Link WR740N Bad Flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
amitmeh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:06    Post subject: TP-Link WR740N Bad Flash Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I have a TP-Link WR740N v1 and I was installing the dd-wrt firmware but I believe I installed the wrong firmware. Now the WAN/LAN lights continuously flash after the QSS.

What can I do to fix this?

I have tried 30/30/30 reset also. And the computer does not recognize the router even after connected to LAN. Nothing happens.
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
More info needed about what exact file you installed and how you installed it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using webflash, I installed "tl-wr740n-webflash.bin" first instead of installing "factory-to-ddwrt.bin". Hope this helps.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
That doesn't make your problem more understandable - the stock firmware gui does not accept a dd-wrt webflash file and would do nothing more than display a "wrong file" error.

In any case you'll have to connect a serial console to the routers internal serial port to see what the router does during boot.
You can then start the boot loaders tftp program and start a tftp transfer of the stock firmware from your computer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's strange because it did accept the file. However, I did not restore to factory setting before performing the upgrade.

So how do I connect the serial console? Is there a cable I need to buy/make? If so, would you please send me the links?

And how do I use the tftp program? The router is not recognized even after connected to the computer. So how do I assign an IP?

Thanks for being very patient.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same problem here with me. After 10 minutes blinking leds they stopped to blink for me and are now solid on Power and LAN port. Also there is LAN link associated at last. This makes me think that there might be some tftp recovery available.
fyi2000
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
TP-Link TL-WR741ND
HELP!!!! SEMI BRICKED ROUTER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: