Asus RT-N66U

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
pietrasm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 21:10    Post subject: Re: FTP doesn't work Reply with quote
pietrasm wrote:
Hi,

The FTP server doesn't seem to work. Is there any other way to get a firmware?

Thanks.

I accidentaly found the new place where files are hosted:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=742527

However, starting from today it's down too. What about using some reliable external hosting?
Sponsor
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
go, get kong builds

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/

. i offered 24/7 ftp server this moment to basmaf /fractal

TL-WR841ND @ BS-build 23919 Client Bridge ( Routed )
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
server is back on air. anonymous only....
Sorry for the inconvenience. I have bad luck with harddisks.
pietrasm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you both so much.

What is the difference between kong and fractal builds?
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

Basically fractals builds are recent dd-wrt builds without extra features.

Kong builds add features that are not in dd-wrt + little enhancements + bugfixes for a certain revision. E.g. I release a build and then keep this revision for a while and add bugfixes before adding updates from svn which break new things.

I have a basic list of differences here:
http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/23842/DD-WRT-Kong-Mod-Info/

widofmaker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 18:48    Post subject: Small issue. Reply with quote
Alright ppl, why do I have feeling that this question was asked like a thousand times and im just too dumb to find it.

Anyway. Here's my little issue.

2 days ago bought brand new RT-N66U. However when unpacked and connected i was (and still am) stuck with some kind of boot loop. Brief description of the problem:

-stuck in loop (every 10 seconds all lan LEDs and Internet LED blink simultaneously [thats when router disconnects from lan])
-cannot access general configuration site (192.168.1.1)
-when trying to access 192.168.1.1 CFEminiWEB Server shows up, however cannot upload any firmware (every 10sec im disconnected from router)
-tried to use Firmware Restoration utility using bot Asus and Merlin's firmware without any success (after successful upload and system restoration it cannot connect to the router)

Any ideas?
cvv01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 23:07    Post subject: mDNS/MultiCast/Bonjour WLAN to LAN Issue on DDWRT Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I've searched high and low and can't see to find an answer to this one. I have the ASUS N66U and I'm running the 20801 build, but this issue also occurs on the 20675 Fractal build and the 20780 Kong build. This issue does NOT occur when using stock or Merlin builds.

Issue:
mDNS/MultiCast appears to be broken/dropping/etc when going from WLAN to LAN.

Backstory:
I have a TiVo and the TiVo app uses Bonjour to communicate with the box. From what I understand Bonjour uses mcast/mNDS/Multicast protocol. The TiVo app says "Not Found" but then after a refresh it finds the box, which leads me to believe frames are being dropped or discarded by the router. I checked the dropped logs, but didn't see anything. Wireshark sniffing shows malformed packet coming from the WLAN and router.

mDNS/Mcast/Multicast does NOT seem to be an issue when going from LAN to LAN as my TiVo's can see each other without issue. I've also tried removing "Filter Multicast" without success.

I understand mcast doesn't need a router, but when switching FW to Stock or Merlin, the issue is resolved, so it points toward something in DD-WRT build since this issue is specific to WLAN to LAN. I've tried everything and hoping someone has an answer or potential solution.

Any thoughts on how this can be fixed or perhaps how to manually setup unconditional forwarding rules for multicast WLAN to LAN? Thanks!
wonkawalken
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven’t followed the RT-N66U development recently, but can somebody be so kind and give me a quick explaination why this very popular router only has "third party" builds (from fractal and kong) available instead of getting direct, official support from the dd-wrt team?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 13:09    Post subject: Re: mDNS/MultiCast/Bonjour WLAN to LAN Issue on DDWRT Reply with quote
cvv01 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I've searched high and low and can't see to find an answer to this one. I have the ASUS N66U and I'm running the 20801 build, but this issue also occurs on the 20675 Fractal build and the 20780 Kong build. This issue does NOT occur when using stock or Merlin builds.

Issue:

Did you disable Security->Firewall->Filter Multicast?

@wonkawalken, dd-wrt supports the n66u but with nv32k builds, our builds work with cfe upgraded routers in order to use 64k nvram. 32k is pretty low if you use a lot of functionality which stores config values in nvram. Thus most new routers now use 60k/64k nvram.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 14:42    Post subject: Re: mDNS/MultiCast/Bonjour WLAN to LAN Issue on DDWRT Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
cvv01 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Issue:

Did you disable Security->Firewall->Filter Multicast?

I've tried it both ways, on and off with no change. I've also disabled SPI Firewall to see if perhaps that was the issue, and still no luck. This issue only occurs from WLAN to LAN (or perhaps it's LAN to WLAN on the response) as the TiVo app is loaded on a tablet, phone, etc. If I switch back to stock or Merlin, the issue is resolved. I didn't have the issue when using dd-wrt on my wndr3700.

I can post logs or captures if it will help solve the issue, just let me know what is needed.

If there is a manual way to forward WLAN to LAN and LAN to WLAN mcast frames
through iptables or another method, I can try that too if someone knows the command.

Thanks.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 16:42    Post subject: Re: mDNS/MultiCast/Bonjour WLAN to LAN Issue on DDWRT Reply with quote
cvv01 wrote:

I've tried it both ways, on and off with no change. I've also disabled SPI Firewall to see if perhaps that was the issue, and still no luck. This issue only occurs from WLAN to LAN (or perhaps it's LAN to WLAN on the response) as the TiVo app is loaded on a tablet, phone, etc. If I switch back to stock or Merlin, the issue is resolved. I didn't have the issue when using dd-wrt on my wndr3700.

I can post logs or captures if it will help solve the issue, just let me know what is needed.

If there is a manual way to forward WLAN to LAN and LAN to WLAN mcast frames
through iptables or another method, I can try that too if someone knows the command.

Thanks.

Actually I just had a look at the code, the option Filter Multicast is indeed just for the WAN interface. Since wireless and ethernet ports are bridged together I guess this could be a driver problem

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
my wlan has been flooded by multicast very well. i had to block it with ebtables. so the packets do reach eth1/eth2.
cvv01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
BasCom wrote:
my wlan has been flooded by multicast very well. i had to block it with ebtables. so the packets do reach eth1/eth2.

It appears the packets are hitting the network, however they are malformed. Below is what it looks like in Wireshark when I fire up the app.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/amday4g5he0kh9z/Wireshark-mDNS.png
pietrasm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I have an issue with wireless connection after restoring my settings on Asus RT-N66U from my old Asus WL-500gP V2.

When I restore settings to factory I got 144 Mbit/s but with my restored settings I got only 54 Mbit/s which was a maximum speed of my previous router.

I compared settings from factory default with this from backup and there were a minor differences. I set everything to factory defaults in Wireless -> Basic Settings and Wireless -> WL0-Advanced and Wireless -> WL1-Advanced but I still get 54 Mbit/s.

Also, when I set wireless mode to N-only after restoring my setting any device cannot connect to the router at all.

I would prefer to do not copy all settings manually. Are any chances that it could be fixed and I can use my settings from previous router?

Many thanks.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been told to not even use backed up settings from the same router when changing builds. You are using a backed configuration settings from a BG router on to an N router. Seems risky.
If your router is set to N only and you don't have N clients, you will not connect.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 167, 168, 169  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 91 of 169
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: