Asus RT-N66U

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Themus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:08    Post subject: Very Slow Wireless Speeds Reply with quote
I spoke to soon. The interface and options look great, but my wireless speeds are sad. I used to be able to update my Android apps in a matter of seconds. Now it is in minutes. Indeed, Chrome Browser is just finishing up after almost 10 minutes.

I may have to revert back to Merlin. In everything there is always a compromise.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try one of the other kong builds. The oldd bins.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you again for all your help.

I returned back to stock and then Merlin. I'll try another build of dd-wrt/kong a bit later. My family members are loosing patience with me about not having network. Smile

When I was running dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x-big-RT-N66U I think I was fine. I moved to the Kong build so quickly I didn't take the time to see how it was running.

Have a great day.
sgtcasey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Themus wrote:
Misery loves company then. Smile Thank you.

I am noticing Packet Loss of Received (RX) 47944 OK, 38 errors and Transmitted (TX)135931 OK, 7 errors on wl0 and on wl1 Received (RX)56081 OK, 1 errors and
Transmitted (TX)100490 OK, 10 errors.

Never really paid attention to this before but it seems sort of high. Is that an accurate statement?

Those numbers are pretty low. You could try tweaking the wireless channels being used to see if that might clear them up. I know I like to see 0 errors so I'd probably spend time trying to get them down there.

Dave
testerp1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Asus n66u kongac SVN revision 24200M. 15-20 wifi users, stable through the week goes to reboot, 7 days + - a few hours and reboot (maybe, some problem with ram, i post early). Router goes to reboot when nobody at home and nothings use internet, router idle and somewhy go to reboot. If i сan get how to get logs - i will post them , of course if they need someone.

I on the other problem - reboot schedule. I wanted to set a daily reboot schedule , but there is a problem. Router goes to reboot, but does not come out of it. All the lamps are lit, internet, wifi, but no internet, no wifi, nothing.

Probably for the same user with 1-3 wifi devices its stable, but for my situation its unfortunately not that stable.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
At the bottom of the Status screen:

Network
IP Filter Maximum Ports=4096
Active IP Connections

Check that the active connections does hit the ceiling.
testerp1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
At the bottom of the Status screen:

Network
IP Filter Maximum Ports=4096
Active IP Connections

Check that the active connections does hit the ceiling.

I set IP Filter Maximum Ports

The maximum that I've seen it 30 percent. But router goes to reboot whan nobody at home and no internet usage. I will learn how to configure logging. Probably, logs will show what is wrong. Strange that only i have this problem, nobody use 15-20 wifi devices on dd wrt for a week?Very Happy
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you Overclocked it?

May be a hardware error. Try a lower frequency.
testerp1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Have you Overclocked it?

May be a hardware error. Try a lower frequency.

Standart 600 mhz, before ddwrt was asus wrt six month works fine uptime few month. Did only i think its not normal ram usage 10 megabytes per day?! Maximum what i saw almost 130 megabytes ram usage 51% ram! Probably its happened when many wifi users. System Log enabled - waiting for reboot. Intresting log files are written to nvram?
OneMoar
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
this one has me stumped
flashed build 25015 on my RTN-66U

suddenly the old xp(yea I know os is garbage) laptop we use in the shop no longer connects to WiFI it just says waiting for network and then fails .. even tried the intel wireless utility

every tried all the old tricks(reset tcp stack clear arp dns ect ect ect) and I can't get it to connect if it flash it back its fine

adapter is a intel 2200BG mini PCI card
tried G only mode and various combinations of wifi configuration(shortslot/preamble pretty much every sensible combination of settings) nada
now if I reboot into Debian 7 everything is fine on either build

Last edited by OneMoar on Thu Oct 02, 2014 0:51; edited 1 time in total
palehorse1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 20:16    Post subject: What am I doing wrong? Reply with quote
I personally have an RT-N66u that I have been running kong's builds on for quite some time now (9mos+) without incident.
I recommended the router to a friend of mine and offered to install DD-WRT on it when they were recently on sale with NewEgg.
I got the router, brought up the Asus interface and tried flashing the initial build from the main dd-wrt site (24461) and that bricked the router.
I used the recovery mode to get back to the latest Asus fw (3.0.0.4.376.2524) and started over with various builds I have found recommended on these forums and monitor the install over the serial connection.
Every time and with every build I have tried I end up with the router not finding the ethernet interfaces. I have seen this as a common problem but none of the solutions I have found on this forum have worked.

a. Has anyone done this lately that could shed some light on what I might be missing?

OR

b. Is there any way I can go straight to the latest kong build without doing the initial trx file.

Thank you very much in advance. Feel free to PM me or reply here.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 20:25    Post subject: Re: What am I doing wrong? Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=268161

Log into the router wirelessly and reset it to factory defaults with the GUI or telnet and erase nvram.

Last edited by Malachi on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:23; edited 1 time in total
OneMoar
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had to revert to the OLDd build to get this old XP laptop running can we get a new build but with the oldD driver
if the laptop didn't have 300.00 worth of custom ECU flashing software I would chuck it but sadly that`s not a option
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have a newer machine, you can run XP in a Virtual Machine. I run Ubuntu and use XP i Oracle VM Virtualbox for stuff that needs special drivers. For other MS apps, I use Wine.
OneMoar
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
If you have a newer machine, you can run XP in a Virtual Machine. I run Ubuntu and use XP i Oracle VM Virtualbox for stuff that needs special drivers. For other MS apps, I use Wine.

won't work the ECU tuner uses SERIAL I/O and a special low level driver it also requires a internet connection before it will do anything useful ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 167, 168, 169  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 146 of 169
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: