Asus RT-N66U

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reset, reconfigure from scratch, reboot.
Sponsor
-DELETED_Klappis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know why i can't change the Wireless channel to anything other than Auto. If i do it just reverts itself to Auto. To change it i have to change the channel width to either 20Mhz or Wide HT40.

Why is that?
samandiriel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 18:41    Post subject: Request for review of how-to article Reply with quote
I've posted a how-to article based on my own recent experience installing DD-WRT on the ASUS RT-N66U. I'd appreciate any feedback on it, especially if I've made any errors. Many thanks!

http://www.mysolutions.it/install-dd-wrt-asus-rt-n66u/

-DELETED_Klappis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 19:35    Post subject: Re: Request for review of how-to article Reply with quote
samandiriel wrote:
I've posted a how-to article based on my own recent experience installing DD-WRT on the ASUS RT-N66U. I'd appreciate any feedback on it, especially if I've made any errors. Many thanks!

Great read! Thanks!
knob-creek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 19:38    Post subject: Further problems with 27360++ Reply with quote
I tried these current versions, too, but they don't work well on 5 GHz.

* The 5 GHz channel cannot be properly set; although the GUI accepts the given channel and happily shows it ever after, the real channel (can be seen on the status pages and on any client) changes arbitrarily after a few minutes.

* HT40 is not configured properly, the channel distance is 2 (should be 4). I have seen this on screenshots of other routers running a recent version in this forum, too.

The latter of course restricts bandwidth, as the two selected channels overlap.
randy909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 18:12    Post subject: Some issues with 27360 build Reply with quote
I updated to the 27360 Mega version using samandiriel's article for guidance (thanks for that!).

* The ext3 kernel module doesn't appear to be installed. Not there in lsmod list and /lib/modules/3.10.80/etx3.ko isn't there (ext2.ko is though). This is preventing me from mounting an external hd with ext3 fs.

* The Wan MAC did not restore from the backup bin file. Just re-cloned from my PC and was fine but I wish that was saved/restored.

I'll try the Big version to see if that solves the ext3 issue unless someone has other suggestions. Otherwise I like the improvements to the interface and everything seems to be working smoothly.
knob-creek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 20:04    Post subject: Re: Some issues with 27360 build Reply with quote
randy909 wrote:
I'll try the Big version to see if that solves the ext3 issue

The big edition contains ext3 and ext4 as well as xfs modules.
randy909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:47    Post subject: Re: Some issues with 27360 build Reply with quote
knob-creek wrote:
randy909 wrote:
I'll try the Big version to see if that solves the ext3 issue

The big edition contains ext3 and ext4 as well as xfs modules.

Big worked for ext3. It also fixed https for the web interface - forgot to mention that it wasn't working on the mega version.

The wan mac still failed to restore though.

I recommend the big version to anyone who isn't sure. The wiki is not accurate wrt what really is included in mega, some stuff is missing, and some stuff just doesn't work.
curana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed Tomato on my ASUS RT-N66U and am trying to get VLAN to work. It's not pure DD-WRT but I guess the setup at least is similar. Maybe you still can help.

I have a pfSense box connected to the WAN port of my ASUS router. pfSense handles DHCP, DNS etc.

I installed Tomato to set up a VLAN 1 for the LAN ports of the RT-N66U and a VLAN 2 for the wireless network. The routing etc. is handled by the pfSense box.

My problem is now that I can't get it to work. I created a bridge (br0) with IP address 10.0.0.254 without DHCP being enabled. This bridge is assigned to VLAN 2 (for the LAN ports). All ports including the WAN port have no checkmark set in "tagged" (this should be correct from my understanding as the tagging is done by the ASUS).
The VLANs are configured in pfSense including DHCP.

My expectation is that the ASUS box receives an IP address on the WAN port from pfSense. The bridge connects the WAN port with the LAN 1(-4) port(s) and tags them as VLAN 2. This way pfSense knows this is a VLAN 2 package and replies via its virtual interface for VLAN 2.

Is my thinking wrong? Is the RT-N66U not capable of doing this with Tomato? Do I need to run DD-WRT?

Would be great if somebody could help me on this to understand the problem.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
What do they advise on the tomato forum?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing yet.

I am a longtime reader here and thought I give it a try. If nobody can help, just ignore my questions.
gohamstergo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 19:22    Post subject: Re: Request for review of how-to article Reply with quote
samandiriel wrote:

site seems to be down, as of writing.
curana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I switched to DD-WRT, how would my setup work here?
TheLastBoyScout
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 16:04    Post subject: Latest Stable Build for RT-N66U? Reply with quote
I hadn't updated my router in a little over a year, and was wondering what the latest/greatest build is?

I am about to flash dd-wrt.v24-27360_NEWD-2_K3.x-big-RT-N66U, but didn't know if the latest build (dd-wrt.v24-27456_NEWD-2_K3.x-big-RT-N66U)was stable at all?

Thanks!
knob-creek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 17:49    Post subject: Re: Latest Stable Build for RT-N66U? Reply with quote
TheLastBoyScout wrote:
I hadn't updated my router in a little over a year, and was wondering what the latest/greatest build is?

I am about to flash dd-wrt.v24-27360_NEWD-2_K3.x-big-RT-N66U, but didn't know if the latest build (dd-wrt.v24-27456_NEWD-2_K3.x-big-RT-N66U)was stable at all?

I current have 27378 installed after running a summer-of-last-year build for a year, too. As mentioned earlier in this thread, HT40 (i. e. 40 MHz bandwidth, which is necessary to reach 450 MBit/s) is broken at the current builds.
If you intend to use HT40 (which is especially useful on 5 GHz), i would try an earlier build. I personally thought of trying the April build, but i didn't find the time to check for the forum feedback, yet.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 167, 168, 169  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 154 of 169
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: