WRT54G upgrading DD-WRT versions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Soundy106
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 17:48    Post subject: WRT54G upgrading DD-WRT versions Reply with quote
Sorry if this has been covered, but searching returns so many hits it's been impossible to find a real answer.

I'm reading a lot about special care needed for flashing SOME of the 54Gs to DD-WRT in the first place... but I'm wondering about upgrading the DD-WRT version? I have a V8 here that's at 13064... another older 54G (not sure which revision offhand, status page reports it as "54G/GL/GS") running 14896 that flashed with no problems... would like to get the V8 up to the same level but just want to be sure whether there are any special considerations.

This one says "WRT54G V8" on the label... but just to add to the confusion, the status page says "WRT54Gv8 / GSv7".

Help?? Smile TIA
Sponsor
Tweener
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peacock announcement. Note 1. See also note 3. Should explain everything. Might as well read the rest while you have the thread open.
Soundy106
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, Tweener... teach me to check the obvious first *facepalm*

Gads, SO complicated... my Atheros-based D-Link was just bing-bang-boom-done, I think the next time I *buy* a router for DD-WRT it'll be another Atheros model (fortunately the 54Gs were both freebies Smile)
Tweener
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Soundy106 wrote:

Gads, SO complicated... my Atheros-based D-Link was just bing-bang-boom-done,

Over here at the BROADCOM forum, we like to do things RIGHT! Wink Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: