NO XMIT ON DD-WRT FLASH???????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
lettermanstud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 22:01    Post subject: NO XMIT ON DD-WRT FLASH??????????????? Reply with quote
I uploaded dd-wrt into my router and set up everything correctly. I have a WNDR3700(v1). I wanted to boost my Xmit power to 70 mW and was told DD-Wrt would have this option. Sadly it does not. Is there a way to boost it any other way?

This is site I obtained information: http://lifehacker.com/178132/hack-attack-turn-your-60-router-into-a-600-router

If you need more info I would be glad to give it.

Please help if you can.

David
Sponsor
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
State the flashed build.

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upping your tx will cause more harm than good in most situations. It increases noise, and rx is not increased. Since wifi is bi directional, increasing tx is not usually useful.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not to mention, most times when you flash dd-wrt, its already set default to 20dBm on Atheros units, which is what you have here, and 20dBm = 100mW

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
lettermanstud
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:02    Post subject: everyone! Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! I will keep everything where it is. I appreciate the quick responses!

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: