[Howto] Install Optware on Atheros units (such as WNDR3700)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
nickname13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow...Thanks rocket!

I will give it a try!
Every time i want to run the command I'll have to run the "sed" section or just once?

I believe that many people are going to have the same problem so a permanent solution will come after all...

Again thanks...
Sponsor
Queiroz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sup guys.

I need help here.. I want to install my printer and share it with my local network but i'm having a hard time to install JFFS modules here.

I've got an router TPLINK Archer C7 V2 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) std - build 24461 installed.

I've enabled JFFS2 support on Administration tab and it show 3,584.00kb total space and 3,324.00 KB of free space. Is it enough to install what i need to share the printer through the local network?

Logged in using SSH and Telnet (tried both) and created the following folders:

/jffs
/jffs/tmp
/jffs/tmp/ipkg

ipkg update or ipkg list doesn't do anything. WHat should i do? It should atleast display an error or something but the system just ignore the command.

Little help please!

Can i install OptWare on this router??

Thank you!!
faber.cpu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
@rocket, big thanks, it save my day

@nickname13, you need hack opkg just once after download, if you install other package by opkg (ex. minidlna) then also you need fix minidlna bin file.
Eng3lS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
@rocket, many thanks for the tip.
But I made it easier, as we did in the case of /etc/opkg.conf (read-only file system)

Code:
cp -a /lib /opt/lib_rw
ln -s /opt/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 /opt/lib_rw/ld-uClibc.so.0

and add this to startup-script after "bind /etc"
Code:
mount -o bind /opt/lib_rw /lib

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:30    Post subject: Problems on Step 5 of the guide Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I have a TP Link WDR 4300 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) std installed.
I formatted with ext3 an 8Gb USB stick and the router sees it as:
--- /dev/sda
Block device, size 7.520 GiB (8074035200 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 7.514 GiB (8067743744 bytes, 15757312 sectors from 2048)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Ext3 file system
UUID 92D2FFFE-EFAE-CF01-1050-FEFEEFAECF01 (NCS)
Volume size 7.514 GiB (8067743744 bytes, 7878656 blocks of 1 KiB)
/dev/sda mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda

--- /dev/sda1
Block device, size 7.514 GiB (8067743744 bytes)
Ext3 file system
UUID 92D2FFFE-EFAE-CF01-1050-FEFEEFAECF01 (NCS)
Volume size 7.514 GiB (8067743744 bytes, 7878656 blocks of 1 KiB)
/dev/sda1 mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda1

I followed all the steps, but got stuck at 5 with:

wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/package
s/opkg_618-3_ar71xx.ipk
which I by providing this ipk: http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/package
s/opkg_9c97d5ecd795709c8584e972bfdf3aee3a5b846d-7_ar71xx.ipk

When I tried to run:
ipkg libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk opkg_9c97d5ecd795709c8584e972bfd
f3aee3a5b846d-7_ar71xx.ipk

I got:
ERROR: unknown sub-command `libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk'

Looking at the USAGE of ipkg, I tried:
ipkg install libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk

but that shows: ipkg_install_file: ERROR: File not found

I know the guide is a few years old, but it's the only one I found for Atheros based router.

Does anoyone know a better, more up to date guide?

Thank you,
Bogdan
casjarleo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:51    Post subject: Re: Problems on Step 5 of the guide Reply with quote
bogdanvursu wrote:

Looking at the USAGE of ipkg, I tried:
ipkg install libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk

but that shows: ipkg_install_file: ERROR: File not found

Just read a few post above...

bogdanvursu wrote:

Does anoyone know a better, more up to date guide?

I like this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=177532&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 from msantos2007, but in the end its basically the same as this one.
swhetsel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 21:44    Post subject: Thanks but Pound install? Reply with quote
So thanks for all the info, I followed the instructions listed at: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=177532&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 and installed optware without issue.

However, the entire reason I installed Optware was to get Pound working on my router. Of course there is no Pound package listed @ http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/ So I cant install it...

I was able to use my Google-foo to find a pound 2.5 and a pound 2.6 ipk but when I try to install them, I just get errors.

Quote:
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/whiterussian
You probably want to run `ipkg update'
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/non-free
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/backports

Can anyone tell help me get Pound installed?
kbal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
rocket wrote:
nickname13 wrote:

Now I am using revision 23919.

opkg update works for you now?
I was still getting
opkg: not found
Confused

I found the problem!! Smile

In versions 24461 and up the firmware don't includes the required /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 that is hardcoded in the "opkg" tool from optware (check it with this command: "cat opkg | grep libc"). Moreovere all packages from the current optware repository are compiled with this hardcoded libpath.
Shocked Shocked Shocked

If you like to do some trick to fix it, you need to copy the file "/opt/lib/ld-uClibc.so" to "/opt/ld-uClibc.so" and replace in the binary the path (from /lib/ to /opt/). You can use this command:

Code:
$ sed -i "s|/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0|/opt/ld-uClibc.so.0|" opkg

However, this only fixes the opkg binary. Any other optware package will have the same problem (if you really need it, you can patch all binaries in /opt/).

Permanent solutions:

1) Suggest to BS to reincorporate this library in the firmware.

2) Suggest to maintainers of optware to change Makefiles and remove fixed libpath for uClibc.

I feel that option 1 is more simple. Please, BrianSlayer, can you restore the ld-uClibc library?

Best!

Hi, could you explain it a little bit better (step by step) please. When to use these commands?
I have no idea what I'm doing Embarassed
PeterS-ZH
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there!

Is there any specific reason why Packages.gz is not in http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/ anymore, but seems to have been moved to http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/packages/ ??

Will that be 'fixed' or would I need to specify the new directory in the opkg.conf file?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

P.
Tsaukpaetra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:03    Post subject: Just can't accomplish this! Reply with quote
I've spent several days attempting to get Optware running on my WNDR3700v2, and I've very nearly lost all hope.

The OP of course is somewhat outdated, but I'm usually pretty good at reinterpreting instructions(including fixing the dead links to the two preliminary ipks).

Thus far, I have tried mounting the partition as /opt and the default (/tmp/mnt/sda1), that part works fine.

It's the initial install that just doesn't work. Mostly, getting ipkg to do anything of worth whatsoever.

For example, doing ipkg list results in a nice null output.
Doing ipkg install /tmp/libc.ipk (renamed) results in:
Code:
ipkg_install_file: ERROR: File  not found

Doing ipkg install BogusPackageName results in a null output.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to emulate ipkg's extraction and install routine (after all, they're just tar files, right?), but this is more than ridiculous.

Anyone have any hints on how to get this working?
I fear that this may end up being a lost cause anyway, since I don't see Pound in the package repos at all for Atheros...
tmash
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:17    Post subject: Re: Just can't accomplish this! Reply with quote
Tsaukpaetra wrote:
I've spent several days attempting to get Optware running on my WNDR3700v2, and I've very nearly lost all hope.

The OP of course is somewhat outdated, but I'm usually pretty good at reinterpreting instructions(including fixing the dead links to the two preliminary ipks).

Thus far, I have tried mounting the partition as /opt and the default (/tmp/mnt/sda1), that part works fine.

It's the initial install that just doesn't work. Mostly, getting ipkg to do anything of worth whatsoever.

For example, doing ipkg list results in a nice null output.
Doing ipkg install /tmp/libc.ipk (renamed) results in:
Code:
ipkg_install_file: ERROR: File  not found

Doing ipkg install BogusPackageName results in a null output.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to emulate ipkg's extraction and install routine (after all, they're just tar files, right?), but this is more than ridiculous.

Anyone have any hints on how to get this working?
I fear that this may end up being a lost cause anyway, since I don't see Pound in the package repos at all for Atheros...

Same here, saw above posts, tried ipkg -d root opkg....ipk libc.....ipk all installed to root with folders: etc opt...

However launching an executable from there results in an error: "file not found"

Using 1043nd, dont want to downgrade, as older versions have poor wifi performance. *cough* revert *cough* openwrt Razz
thecrater
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi all,
I keep getting "Configuring libc.ipk.../jffs//usr/local/lib/ipkg/info/libc.ipk.postinst: .: line 2: can't open '/lib/functions.sh'" when installing libc. any ideas?
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump.
thecrater
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all,
I've tried using the ipkg -d root install xxxx.ipk but I get the following message now

Configuring libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk...root//usr/local/lib/ipkg/info/libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk.postinst: .: line 3: can't open '/lib/functions.sh'

Any ideas?
raz3k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 15:50    Post subject: solution to latest beta build 25273 Reply with quote
Guys,

I managed to make it work, i won't do a tutorial because i am lazy but i will give you the instructions on how to make it work on this build.

Upgrade to this (25273) build. Mine is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/06/14) std - build 25273 running on a TL-WR1043ND v1.11, it may work on other builds, do it at your own risk( worst case scenario it won't work and unplugging the usb drive will restore functionality to normal )

Get this file: http://multiupload.biz/ur_37clddvbg0b7 or get it as attachment below.

Create a single partition on your usb device, format it ext3. Untargz the file i gave you in the root of the usb device.

Login to the WebGUI and make sure that under Services -> USB you have Core USB Support, USB Storage Support, Automatic Drive Mount checked, select disk mount point /mnt , Save the changes. (If they were not already checked it may need a restart, haven't tested)

Plug the device in your atheros based router.

In the same page at the bottom it will show you something like this:

--- /dev/sda1
Block device, size 7.343 GiB (7884242944 bytes)
Ext3 file system
Volume name "ext3"
UUID B8B9F878-758F-4934-B372-C11964E305B6 (DCE, v4)
Volume size 7.343 GiB (7884242944 bytes, 1924864 blocks of 4 KiB)
/dev/sda1 mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda1

Proceed to the next step by going to Administration -> Commands and in the command shell paste this:

Code:

#! /bin/sh
sleep 10

if [ -f /tmp/mnt/sda1/optware.enable ]; then
   mount -o bind /tmp/mnt/sda1/etc /etc
   sleep 1
   mount -o bind /tmp/mnt/sda1/root /tmp/root
   sleep 1
   mount -o bind /tmp/mnt/sda1/opt /opt
   sleep 2
   mount -o bind /tmp/mnt/sda1/opt/lib /lib
   sleep 1

else
   exit
  fi

if [ -d /opt/usr ]; then
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/opt/lib:/opt/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/lib'
  export PATH='/opt/bin:/opt/usr/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin'
 else
  exit
 fi

and click Save Startup.

After this reboot, ssh into the box and check optware by typing opkg update and opkg list to show available pkgs.

P.S. Don't blame me if you find some already installed packages or files in the tar.gz because as i told you i am lazy and after i made it work i just made an archive. This is based on the original post.

Have fun!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 29 of 31
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: