[Howto] Install Optware on Atheros units (such as WNDR3700)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
grillasso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
strange problem

after installing "opkg usbutils"
ok

lsusb
report me:
root@DD-WRT:~# lsusb
lsusb: cannot open "/usr/share/usb.ids", No such file or directory
same with pcscd
pcscd -f -f
00000000 hotplug_libusb.c:112:HPReadBundleValues() Cannot open PC/SC drivers directory: /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers
00000183 hotplug_libusb.c:113:HPReadBundleValues() Disabling USB support for pcscd.
Sponsor
deepbass909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I´ve followed this guide just yet, and it seems to be working. I can install packages and everything.

The only thing that doesn´t work is the USB-automount, so I needed to add an extra rule to the start-up script for mounting the harddisk. The harddisk does automount if I plug it in after the router has started.

I beleave this is a known bug in dd-wrt for de WNDR3700 and not really a problem, because it can be simply solved by adding the extra rule to the startup script.

Now it´s time to figure out unfs3 for mounting and sharing nfs-shares.
deepbass909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
grillasso wrote:
strange problem

after installing "opkg usbutils"
ok

lsusb
report me:
root@DD-WRT:~# lsusb
lsusb: cannot open "/usr/share/usb.ids", No such file or directory
same with pcscd
pcscd -f -f
00000000 hotplug_libusb.c:112:HPReadBundleValues() Cannot open PC/SC drivers directory: /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers
00000183 hotplug_libusb.c:113:HPReadBundleValues() Disabling USB support for pcscd.

It´s because of this error:
/opt//usr/lib/opkg/info/usbutils.postinst: cd: line 2: can't cd to /usr/share

The package tries to create some directories (and files) in a read-only file-system...
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
deepbass909 wrote:
I´ve followed this guide just yet, and it seems to be working. I can install packages and everything.

Great! I only tried this with a USB stick.
grillasso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
again!

pcscd -f -d

also pcscd try like usbutils create a directory in r-only filesystem but installer write it on /mnt/opt/usr/lib/pcsc/drivers

how can a link new folders on /mnt/opt to permit correct access to program like

lsusb or pcscd ?

regards
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
grillasso, I think you're better creating a new thread about your issue as this thread is about the installation and configuration of Optware.
grillasso
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
request only for i think missing

mount -o bind or LD_LIBRARY_PATH
deepbass909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
dynek wrote:
deepbass909 wrote:

Great! I only tried this with a USB stick.

I don't know which build you are using, I know some of the builds have an issue with automouting an USB-drive at startup. At the moment I'm using build r15962.

But after an other couple of hours playing around with opkg and ipkg (with a quick and dirty fix, which involved replacing the firmware's /usr with a directory on /opt using mount -o bind, it actually works) if put it in the fridge. For nfs to work, I need kernel-modules or unfs3, which both don't seem to work at this time (the kmod-files in optware are for a different, newer kernel, unfs3 refuses to start...)

So I tried to revert to an original firmware yesterday, only to find myself in the next challenge... tftp refuses to send the original firmware to my router, though I followed the (proved) working manual step by step... Rolling Eyes
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
deepbass909 wrote:
I don't know which build you are using, I know some of the builds have an issue with automouting an USB-drive at startup. At the moment I'm using build r15962.

I'm using r15962 as well.
deepbass909
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
dynek wrote:
deepbass909 wrote:

I'm using r15962 as well.

I have to check (again I'm at work), because I'm not completely sure. I can also remember seeing something like r13xxx...
d.baranov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can not to install ntfs-3g:

root@S0860101 root $ opkg install ntfs-3g
Installing ntfs-3g (2010.8.8-1-fuseint) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/ntfs-3g_2010.8.8-1-fuseint_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing kmod-fuse (2.6.32.25-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/kmod-fuse_2.6.32.25-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing kernel (2.6.32.25-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/kernel_2.6.32.25-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing libpthread (0.9.30.1-43.10) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/libpthread_0.9.30.1-43.10_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing librt (0.9.30.1-43.10) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03.1-rc4/ar71xx/packages/librt_0.9.30.1-43.10_ar71xx.ipk.
Configuring librt.
Configuring libpthread.
Configuring kernel.
Configuring kmod-fuse.
/opt//usr/lib/opkg/info/kmod-fuse.postinst: .: line 3: can't open /etc/functions.sh
Configuring ntfs-3g.
Collected errors:
* pkg_run_script: postinst script returned status 2.
* opkg_configure: kmod-fuse.postinst returned 2.

Help, please.
P.S. I need to mount ntfs drive.
tinkerman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just installed optware on a wndr3700 by following your tutorial and worked perfectly!! I have installed asterisk, and the installation worked fine also.

The question I have is how do I see the services I have installed, & start and stop them? I have installed optware and asterisk on a wrt54g following the optware done right tutorial on the wiki and when optware is installed all I have to type is "service" and that lists all the services that are installed & if they are running or not. I can't seem to figure out how to do that on this router, have i done something wrong or is there another way to do it like "/etc/init.d/packageName start" or what?

Thanks for the great howto!!

TinkerMan
tinkerman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK so I have sort of answered my own question, I did a;
Code:
opkg list-installed
to make sure asterisk was installed and it was. Then I did a:
Code:
opkg info asterisk
to see where it was installed and found it to be where i expected at "/opt/etc/asterisk".
So I did a "cd /opt/etc" and the I ran the command
Code:
./init.d/asterisk start
and I get this error "/bin/sh: can't open /etc/rc.common" What am I doing wrong I think I'm close.

Thx, TinkerMan
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
d.baranov wrote:
Help, please.
P.S. I need to mount ntfs drive.

Have you tried going on even if there is this functions.sh error message ?
Also if you have enough linux knowledge you should probably be able to get it working with this:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=%22can%27t+open+%2Fetc%2Ffunctions.sh%22+site:dd-wrt.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=79f45984fbf1cf90

tinkerman wrote:
The question I have is how do I see the services I have installed, & start and stop them? I have installed optware and asterisk on a wrt54g following the optware done right tutorial on the wiki and when optware is installed all I have to type is "service" and that lists all the services that are installed & if they are running or not. I can't seem to figure out how to do that on this router, have i done something wrong or is there another way to do it like "/etc/init.d/packageName start" or what?

Hum good question. I will have a look at the "optware done right" tutorial to see what is being done.
I start some services on my device and I simply put them in the script mentioned in step 6:
if [ -d /opt/usr ]; then
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/opt/lib:/opt/usr/lib:/lib:/usr/lib'
export PATH='/opt/bin:/opt/usr/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin'
HERE
else
exit
fi

tinkerman wrote:
and I get this error "/bin/sh: can't open /etc/rc.common" What am I doing wrong I think I'm close.

I'll have a look at the tutorial and will get back to you.
Maybe I'll create a script to do all the work automagically.
dynek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow this is one huge script. I'm not sure I want to get into this :-)

If we got it working that easy it should be really straightforward to adapt this guy's script.
Try to ask him.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29, 30, 31  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 31
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: