802.1q vlan range on E3000 - VIDs beyond 15 possible?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 21:58    Post subject: Re: give up 5325E, and get 802.1q successed on 53115 switch Reply with quote
Sleipnir wrote:
FW: dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin

On builds older than 15508 you need to run this first:

insmod switch-core

Sponsor
Sleipnir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 22:17    Post subject: Re: give up 5325E, and get 802.1q successed on 53115 switch Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
Sleipnir wrote:
FW: dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin

On builds older than 15508 you need to run this first:

insmod switch-core

Thanks!!!!!
IT'S WORK!!!!!!!
I see them!!!
)))
When I come home I'll try my config!
Thank you!!!
doell_60
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:33    Post subject: Re: cleaned up patch Reply with quote
cron2 wrote:
Hi,

a cleaned-up patch that doesn't print so much debug info but still works Smile is attached. Functionally, it's the same changes (but with the arl_entry[] stuff fixed).

I've also tested vlan ID 4022 now (random VID >1024), and that also works (pinging from router, and adding vlan4022 to bridge groups).

gert

Him how can i apply this patch?

Thanks.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just tried it on my wrt300n v1.1 with a BCM5325E switch and it seems to work alright as long as I don't exceed the 16 VLAN limit. I didn't test too thoroughly though so there could still be problems. When I exceeded the 16 VLAN limit nothing happened right away and cat'ing the /proc/switch entries showed the port configs all being there, but a few minutes later after doing some stuff with vconfig all the port configs were wiped, the switch was unresponsive, but I still had access through wireless which is how you should connect when playing with VLAN's.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=540247#540247

tangsoft
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:45    Post subject: good news! Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
I just tried it on my wrt300n v1.1 with a BCM5325E switch and it seems to work alright as long as I don't exceed the 16 VLAN limit. I didn't test too thoroughly though so there could still be problems. When I exceeded the 16 VLAN limit nothing happened right away and cat'ing the /proc/switch entries showed the port configs all being there, but a few minutes later after doing some stuff with vconfig all the port configs were wiped, the switch was unresponsive, but I still had access through wireless which is how you should connect when playing with VLAN's.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=540247#540247

so there is no need to create vlan by vconfig?
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:13    Post subject: Re: good news! Reply with quote
tangsoft wrote:
so there is no need to create vlan by vconfig?

There was, I just forgot to put it in the example.

doell_60
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I i have the Asus RT-N16 with the 53115 switch.

I Download the patch to the JFFS, and execute:

rmmod switch-robo
insmod /jffs/switch-robo.ko

But it does not install the swith, i can see on lsmod command. And i seach the folder switch and there is nothing there:

ls /proc/switch

I execute:

insmod switch-robo, and installs the standard 16 vlans!

What i'm missing?
Thanks.
doell_60
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any help would be nice.

I just put the build:
dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_RT-N16

And i install the switch-core, but still no luck with the switch-robo.ko, in the RT-N12 i didn't have these problems with any build.

Thanks.
tangsoft
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 13:35    Post subject: try a big or mega build for rt-n16 to see what happens Reply with quote
doell_60 wrote:
Any help would be nice.

I just put the build:
dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_RT-N16

And i install the switch-core, but still no luck with the switch-robo.ko, in the RT-N12 i didn't have these problems with any build.

Thanks.

try a big or mega build for rt-n16 to see what happens
xombiemp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying to get this patch to work and I'm running into a problem.

I have an e2000 running dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e2k-e3k.bin. I think this has the same switch as the e3000 so it should be the same process right?

So I was able to run these commands:

rmmod switch-robo

I did an ls on /proc/switch/eth0/vlan and it showed all the extra vlans so I think the patch worked. The problem comes in when I try to echo my configs to the ports file in the vlans.

For example I did:

echo "2t 8" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/40/ports

No error was thrown and it looked like it worked. I did a cat /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/40/ports to double check that the config worked, but the file was empty. I even tried to edit the 40/ports file with vi. I was able to add the config lines, write the file and close it with no errors, but then as soon as I looked in it it was blank again!

Does anyone have any idea why I can't write to the ports files and have it stay?
cron2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
xombiemp wrote:
I did a cat /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/40/ports to double check that the config worked, but the file was empty.

I see the same thing - reading the "ports" file always results in "empty" output. It does this for me for the stock driver and vlan 1..15 as well, so it's an independent problem.

The VLAN should still work, though, even if you can't see it in the config.

gert
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reading the ports files has never worked for gigabit models, you can only write to them. On 100mbps models you can read them though.
xombiemp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
cron2 wrote:
The VLAN should still work, though, even if you can't see it in the config.

I got it working! I just wanted one of the ports to tag vlan40 and it's now working. Here are the commands I used and added to a startup script in /jffs/etc/config:
Code:

rmmod switch-robo
echo "1t 8" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/40/ports
vconfig add eth0 40
ifconfig vlan40 up
brctl addif br0 vlan40

For anyone with an e2000, here are how the ports are numbered (stumped me for a minute):
WAN = 0
Port 4 = 1
Port 3 = 2
Port 2 = 3
Port 1 = 4

So in my example I set port 4 to be tagged with vlan 40.

Thank you so much to cron2 for this patch and to phuzi0n for all your good comments and insights. This will be great when it's incorporated into the builds.
zhaolinger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since I just start playing with vlan, I'm quite new here, so got quite a numbers of stuffs still unsure.

First, by using this method to set vlan in realtime, it does not reflect on the nvram parameters right?

Let say I use:
nvram show | grep vlan.*ports
nvram show | grep port.*vlans
nvram show | grep vlan.*hwname

It does not reflect the configuration you made to vlan this way right?

Next, If i use command such as:
echo "0t 4t" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/20/ports
echo "0t 4t" > /proc/switch/eth0/vlan/30/ports

By not adding the port 5 or 8, wan port and port 4 would act as data forwarder without any routing just like a ordinary switch right? What other thing I need to set for wan & port4 to behave like a switch?
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
You're not changing any nvram variables by echoing to /proc/switch, only the running configuration of the switch is changed.

I don't know if you can leave the CPU interface (5 or 8) out of the VLAN or not so just try it and find out. If you have to use it then it's okay, you can just not assign any IP address to the VLAN interface to prevent anything from being routed to it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: