WZR-HP-G300NH wps button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
merovingi0 wrote:
it's a good router?

So far i really like mine, probably the best router i have right now.

I've read alot of users complain about problems with it, but i have had mine in service since christmas and its been awesome. I've almost all out stop using all my broadcom units over this one.

I never tried the stock buffalo firmware very long and opted out to flash from stock to the buffalo 14998 pro build, from there i flashed to the community 15704 build, and now this latest test build (16144) so yes very great unit, and w/ dd-wrt makes it super!

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
merovingi0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have just buy it.
now for install the buffalo wrt i need to do this?

"Buffalo provides a re-branded version of DD-WRT specifically for this router. It can be flashed from the GUI and is available on the Buffalo website:
http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/wzrhpg300nh-pro-v24sp2-14998.zip"

in the router database i find

buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin

and

wzr-hp-g300nh-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin

and i dont undenastat what they are

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is 2 different makes of dd-wrt for the G300NH, there is the 14998 build from buffalo which is their "official" dd-wrt build that the devs here released for them, and there is the community build which is in the router database, either one works and has the same features. Feel free to use either, also refer to the wiki on more info regarding the unit.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-G300NH

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
merovingi0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
both version support the 3g/umts usb key?
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
merovingi0 wrote:

I thought that was already explained to you, the community build supports it. re-read all of the posts carefully.

merovingi0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
the buffalo wrt version is updated with the same frequency that the wrt of the forum?
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
nop, community one is updated more frequently.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
merovingi0 wrote:

I thought that was already explained to you, the community build supports it. re-read all of the posts carefully.

the community version supports it. the buffalo version supports it only in EU region. if your router is a US/Asia or Japanese model the 3G/UMTS option is disabled. for sure there is a trick to reenable it which is simple to find

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
buddee wrote:
merovingi0 wrote:

the community version supports it. the buffalo version supports it only in EU region. if your router is a US/Asia or Japanese model the 3G/UMTS option is disabled. for sure there is a trick to reenable it which is simple to find

So does DDwrt support 3G/UMTS on any router with a USB ? Actually this question has been asked many time in Pakistan.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/12/12) std
(SVN revision 20119)

TP-link 741ND
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/21/10) std
(SVN revision 15778)

Finding the correct MTU value for your ISP | BrainSlayer Vlan on Atheros
|

debrick Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
merovingi0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 23:21    Post subject: don't work Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
merovingi0 wrote:
you can't test the wifi button?
there is the possibilty on the web interface to disable or enable the wifi with the button?

Yes the AOSS button will disable the wireless if selected in the webgui and then pushed, just finished testing it, works fine.

Hi, today i have buy this router, there is the Buffalo wrt version v24sp2-eu-us (14998).
Under the service's menu i have selected
AOSS BUTTON FUNKTION
Turning OFF radio

but if i push the AOSS button, the wifi don't turn off and the security LED turn on and then turn off.
But nothing happens.
Anyone have any idea? Sad Sad :(

edit: the wifi led turns on and off continuously, even if the wifi is turn off (from the web page)

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure where your problem lies, when i tried it, it worked fine for me, it turned off my radio.

merovingi0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Not sure where your problem lies, when i tried it, it worked fine for me, it turned off my radio.

wifi light flashes continuously, although the wifi is turned off (by web page)

your?

if you push the aoss button what happens? if i push it my security led turn on and then turn off, but the wifi nothing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

genothomas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
buddee wrote:
merovingi0 wrote:

Atlast I found a method for re-enabling 3G/UMTS option on non-EU Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 with Buffalo DD-WRT firmware by changing the default region from any to EU.
Just login through telnet and entering command ubootenv set region EU
Confirmed working on WZR-HP-G300NH2!! Very Happy Cool
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: