IPv6 on Netgear WNR2000v2

Dragos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 22:02    Post subject: IPv6 on Netgear WNR2000v2 Reply with quote
Hi!

I am interested in having dual-stack IPv6/IPv4 support in my Netgear WNR2000v2. Is is this available in DD-WRT? After reading the Wiki it seams my router is supported only by *mini* firmware versions that do not include IPv6 support.

If DD-WRT cannot offer IPv6 support for my router does anyone know any OpenWRT-like project that does? I am interested in testing IPv6, but I would like to have IPv4 connectivity for non-IPv6 sites.

If this is not possible with my current hardware I will appreciate suggestions for other routers in the $100-$200 price range.

Thanks,
Dragos
Sponsor
andee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah looks like the WNR2000v2 doesn't have it.

I have a WNR3500L, which I do have IPv6 (tunneled) set up. Running IPv4 and IPv6 side-by-side is not an issue.

Personally, I wouldn't know what router to recommend. One with at least 8MB of flash should be enough to run the 'big' pack which includes some IPv6 support, but check with the Router Database first.
JamesTheAwesome
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
IPv6 is supported on Netgear(stock) firmware now!

(But, sadly, the return process is non-trivial…http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=78872#483253)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: