WRT320N Opinions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Zero9X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 16:02    Post subject: WRT320N Opinions Reply with quote
Thinking of buying a new router to replace my awful DIR-855. Out of all the searches i have done so far and at a reasonable price this one has got me interested.

I don't want to buy this blindly, so i would like to know if you have any good opinions on it? :)

Thanks
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like mine enough to where i bought 2 of them, as with any unit, they are not perfect, but for $40 a refurb unit, 1x selectable dual band radio, gigabit ports, 354Mhz CPU that can be overclock'd to 400 pretty safe, can be converted to an E2000, yea they rock.

weak point to me about it, is actually 2 things but, their case design and internal PIFA antennas, besides those 2 things, yea, pretty decent unit.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Zero9X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whats the benefits to converting it to E2000? Smile
Also I've read elsewhere that the original firmware only allows you to select 2.4ghz or 5ghz. You can't have both enabled at the same time. Does DD-WRT allow you to enable both?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
The benefits, hrm, thats been listed a buttload of times here, but once more, it expands out your nvram to 60k instead of the standard 32k, which helps in things like VPN etc.

And no, this is not a dual radio unit, its a single radio selectable 2.4/5Ghz, so no dual simultaneous 2.4 and 5Ghz at the same time. Its this way no matter what firmware you use.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Zero9X
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent, thanks for the information buddee. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: