D-Link DIR-412 flashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:

this thing is NEVER a dir300b clone
so why should it work?

because it works if you upload the 300 file to the 412 using the emergency room interface Very Happy

The 412 has only 1 LAN port, no WAN port, and it has a USB port since it is a 3G router.
The hardware is the same in both of them, an RT3050 SOC, 4MB flash and 32MB ram and nothing more so basically it is the same router.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Sash wrote:

this thing is NEVER a dir300b clone
so why should it work?

because it works if you upload the 300 file to the 412 using the emergency room interface Very Happy

The 412 has only 1 LAN port, no WAN port, and it has a USB port since it is a 3G router.
The hardware is the same in both of them, an RT3050 SOC, 4MB flash and 32MB ram and nothing more so basically it is the same router.

Yes, DIR-300 hw.B1 and DIR-412 hw.A1 are based on the similiar SoCs - RT3050 & RT3050F, have same FLASH, same SDRAM, so there is a good chance to run DIR-300 hw.B1 firmware on DIR-412 hw.A1. But D-Link guys have changed a firmware format a bit Sad
So new format of firmware it is not a problem, I have reversed it, but there is another difference exists, maybe another boot loader (modified uboot) was used by D-Link?
Leopardo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are a format of seama package for DIR-412 hw.A1 firmwares:

1. seama package consists of "records", each record contains meta_data and info about it's content (body)
2. typedef struct _seama_record_header_t {
uint32 signature; // = 0x17A4A35E (LE - little endian!)
uint16 reserved; // not used anywhere, just zeroes
uint16 meta_data_len; // BE - big endian!
uint32 data_len; // BE - big endian!
} seama_record_header_t;
3. if (header.data_len != 0) then there is a 16 bytes of MD5 checksum for data.
4. after header (or header + MD5) there is a metadata (just a set of attributes - string values).
5. after metadata placed really data Smile - firmware body (LZMA-compressed vmlinuz and squashfs for rootfs).

Some recomendations for building DIR-412 hw.A1 firmware - I recommend for MD5 checksum use a data aligned at 16 byte boudary! (zero fill a tail for example).

Last edited by Leopardo on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:21; edited 1 time in total
Leopardo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I suppose that DIR-412 was dead after successfull web ui flashing cause it use a modified loader.
For example, I have found that a place of squashfs in original DIR-412 firmware is located (by linux loader) by searching for string --PaCkImGs--

I will try to make a new DD-WRT (DIR-300 hw.B1) firmware with this signature to check my version.
brogahn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 0:40    Post subject: the "WAN/LAN" port is switchable. Reply with quote
This is probably where the issue lies. Because you have the option to turn the router into Wireless Client OR use the 3G connection, the 330 firmware doesn't allow for this. The USB connection is therefore not accessible from any of the menu's (that I have been able to find) on any of the firmware that i've tried.... I'm so glad that this has the "Emergency ROM". SO the 330 firmware should be taken down, just because it's flashable doesn't mean it "works".... Just because you can put an OS on a pc doesn't mean it works,if you can't use the mouse, keyboard or network card because the drivers aren't there!...
Has anyone tried this?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Cellular_Phone/USB_Modem_as_WAN_connection
NewUse
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all, have anyone tried to flash it with K2.6 based firmware? Does anyone have prepared binary image for flashing?

I need to add usb support and rtl8188SU driver to make my rtl8188SU-usb working as client (WAN, my WISP is using WPA2-AES and 10MHz channel, and I want to run internal WLAN with 40MHz ) and build-in Ralink as (LAN/WLAN)

--
Best Regards,
NewUse.
seminma1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashing dd-wrt on this router the USB port , could be used as a single storage port , like we use on the WRT610N or E3000 ?

Regards and thanks in advance

Marcelo Semino
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: