Why Is My Router Cutting Me Off?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
rjupiter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 20:30    Post subject: Why Is My Router Cutting Me Off? Reply with quote
About two weeks ago i upgraded all the routers and adapters in the house to N. I had a problem with my Bufflo WZR-HP-G300NH and getting it to be setup as a repeater/bridge. but thanks to help from this forum i got it working.

My issue now is getting cut off. Because my old router was G and i had it set as a repeater/bridge my new N had not that option and i had to go with Client and i am wondering if this could be the issue.

Whenever the main router goes down my router seems to, the best i can describe it, is freeze up. I can understand not being able to use the net/get online since the main is down but i would think, like before, i should still be able to use is wirelessly locally for transferring files etc... from my NAS which it is attached. that is not the case. the main one goes down and mine gets instantly cut off making it impossible for me to use my NAS over wireless. before i could still do this even though the main was down so i am wondering is this a configuration problem or a symptom of having it set as a client?
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
this isnt an issue. thats the way it works.
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, so this is because it is configured as a Client, yes? I ask because before with my old router i could still access my files etc... off my NAS even though the main router was down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: