Help entering Emergency Room - Dir 600 Bx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
puzoni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 19:27    Post subject: Help entering Emergency Room - Dir 600 Bx Reply with quote
Hello. I Flashed my Dir-600 Bx to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std - build 14896, and my wireless gets signal, but keeps losing it and gets no internet. It was OK before flashing to this FW, now i want to go back to original.

Ok, I already readed the wiki, but I'm stuck at the first step of entering emergency room: setting the IP to 192.168.0.0. It shows a message of a conflict with the SubNet mask. And I also found nothing on Youtube.

I don't know if I'm missing anything to configure my Wireless, but thah's not the point, I just didn't like this interface.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
puzoni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 20:22    Post subject: Re: Help entering Emergency Room - Dir 600 Bx Reply with quote
Andersen wrote:
puzoni wrote:
Ok, I already readed the wiki, but I'm stuck at the first step of entering emergency room: setting the IP to 192.168.0.0. It shows a message of a conflict with the SubNet mask.

Set your computers IP address to 192.168.0.2 and netmask 255.255.255.0.

Except for the conflict, same thing.

Power and Internet lights on the router are still yellow, still keeps saying "Unidentified network", and I can't access the page.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Disconnect the power from the router. Hold Reset button when off and while holding it, connect the power. You have to see Power led blinking and respective LAN port solid green. At this time you have to be 192.168.0.2 / 255.255.255.0 and your router will be accessible on http://192.168.0.1. Note there will never be echo request received from that IP but still webpage of emergency recovery mode loads successfully.
puzoni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Disconnect the power from the router. Hold Reset button when off and while holding it, connect the power. You have to see Power led blinking and respective LAN port solid green. At this time you have to be 192.168.0.2 / 255.255.255.0 and your router will be accessible on http://192.168.0.1. Note there will never be echo request received from that IP but still webpage of emergency recovery mode loads successfully.

Got it. Thanks for everyone who helped. Very Happy
ivotkl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:

After posting edit: What you have just suggested worked fine for me. I hope you people have not read everything and skip to the third post. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hello. First of all I will apologize in advance since I will write quite a lot, but I would like to explain myself properly. Thank you in advanced for any help received afterwards.

Ok, here I go. I' m running Windows XP SP3 on 2 computers. I have tried to setup the network with dd-wrt but it looks to difficult for me and it has some terms I do not understand. I would really like to use it. I' ve read a review on a magazine and I loved it so much that I bought myself another D-Link DIR-600 Revision B2. The one I had is at my parents house and they need it, so I was sort of refunded by them... but anyway...

Last edited by ivotkl on Wed May 25, 2011 21:57; edited 1 time in total
ivotkl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried to make the so called "emergency room web interface" with no success at all. I have placed the Desktop PC' s IP address set to 192.168.0.2 /24 here:

Start -> Control Panel -> Network connections -> Local Area Network (the only one I have so far, by the way) -> Properties -> Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) -> Properties -> General tab -> Use the following IP address.

I have left the default gateway blank since to do this I don' t need to have one. After that, I write 192.168.0.2 and it won' t connect (or it connects but throws me a 100% blank page). Oh, and to get that IP address, I need to be connected to my ISP' s modem and then disconnect and connect the D-Link DIR-600 as it states on the connection wizard in order to get one. Basically, I still have no luck.

However, if you can please help me set up my home network with the dd-wrt firmware, I would really appreciate. But please don' t forget to post an answer to my above request.

Please provide a step by step "walkthrough" as this great open source firmware has way too many options. Before I perform your instructions, let me know as a first step how to restart to "factory settings" the DD-WRT firmware. Every option not named for each tab you tell me to access to will be left blank. Thank you so much.
ivotkl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Network configuration request for DD-WRT firmware:
1) 1 Desktop connected to the Fast Ethernet Interface LAN 1 on the back of the router.
2) 1 Notebook connected to the Wireless Interface, which supports B and G standards, but not N.
3) WEP2 password encryption for both computers.
4) Disabled access for any computer whose MAC address does not match the one on the Notebook Wireless Interface and the Desktop Fast Ethernet 2nd layer addresses.
5) If there is a way, how to lower the speed of the Internet access for the Desktop to 1Mb but to keep the LAN speed between both of them at its full (I don' t think it will be possible since interfaces that transmit this are the same ones, but I still need to ask to make sure).
6) Routing does not need to be static.
7) Last but not least. I' ve been reading somewhere the router may get overheated with this firmware as it may push it a bit to the maximum. If it is not essential for me and does not affect my Internet and LAN speed' s , please let me know as well how to lower the overheating chance by changing the settings.

Once again, I deeply apologize for those who were able to read the post entirely and give me an answer. You are the best.

Greetings from Argentina.
desperateguy87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear community,

I have another big problem. I want (or rather need) to reflash my DIR-600 with the original factory firmware. I can access the Emergency Room Web Interface, but as soon as I select the original firmware to be uploaded to the router, the connections gets lost and the power button turns from blinking (Emergency Room) to orange (normal state). Help!
ivotkl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok. So your computer has a static IP, which is 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.0 with a default gateway of 192.168.0.1.

Then you place on the web browser of your choice 192.168.0.1. I don' t know why, but that should not happen. Verify the connections, try changing the ethernet wire, remember if you have a DIR-600 computer should be connected to LAN 1 ethernet interface. Check your network card drivers or if there is any hardware conflict with it. Make a long reset (20 seconds or so) and start all from scratch (from setting the IP address). After that, I believe it went back to original firmware after I did a reset. Try as instructed below and if that doesn' t work, repeat it twice and on the second try make a reset or two.

Anyways... follow the steps posted by checho:
[quote=checho]Disconnect the power from the router. Hold Reset button when off and while holding it, connect the power. You have to see Power led blinking and respective LAN port solid green.[/quote]

Besides that, is following the steps posted on the router' s wikipedia.

[quote=dd-wrt' s Wiki]
To get back your D-Link DIR 600 router to its original D-Link firmware:
Download the latest firmware version from Dlink (version 2.01 at time of this writing) from ftp://ftp.dlink.cz/dir/dir-600/driver_software/
Use the "emergency room interface" steps described above.
Do NOT use the standard firmware upgrade procedure. Multiple people have reported that this does not work for restoring the D-Link firmware. Use the "emergency room interface" steps instead.[/quote]

Link can be found here.

Hope it helps. Procedure above mentioned should work.

Greetings from Argentina.

Oh, by the way... the firmwares uploaded to d-link's ftp server will work only for a D-Link DIR-600 B2. You can check the hardware version on the labels of your router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: