Looking to bridge my standard router to my cfw router.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
chemtech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 13:59    Post subject: Looking to bridge my standard router to my cfw router. Reply with quote
Ive seen this http://www.techradar.com/how-to/networking/how-to-build-a-dedicated-vpn-router-1300740 guide online to connect a router with dd-wrt and a vpn setup directly to your standard router that receives the internet. is this a pretty good guide to go with? if not does anybody have recomendations or opinions?

Im wanting to leave my current standard modem and router alone so i can run games consoles and other devices which do not require vpn access to it, and bridge the new router which i will install dd-wrt and a vpn onto which will have my pc's and phones connected to. Is there anything i should be aware of before i start to play about with it all?

thanks for looking.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Install VPN. Connect router to primary with a cable. The wiki is almost always better then off site guides. Watch your build and make sure VPN works, which is chipset dependent.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
chemtech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thankyou for the reply,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: