Will I be able to assign subnets to lan ports?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Quick1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 19:39    Post subject: Will I be able to assign subnets to lan ports? Reply with quote
I haven't picked a router yet. Don't really have a strong requirement for wireless. I want gigabit ports/switch. I'm looking at a Linksys WRT350N maybe.

What I want to do is assign different subnets to the lan ports. For example:
eth1: 10.0.0.0/255.255.0.0
eth2: 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
(WAN): 172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0
etc.
I'm assuming if I get the above I would also get the ability to configure static routes pointing to the egress interface instead of some IP address?

Will DD-WRT give me this capability?
Is it dependent on the hardware?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes,it's doable with a Broadcom based device. Almost all routers have a 5 port switch.

The Linksys WRT350N V1 is a Broadcom. Watch out for the Linksys WRT350N V2 that have a Marvell chipset.
mwbuss8
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many modern atheros can do it as well, but not through the GUI. I haven't tried (no reason to yet), but I've seen someone successfully do it. It'd be much easier on broadcom though. I'm much more familiar with atheros, but I've heard many people that use both say that broadcom is better for routing, qca has better wireless radios.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: