Can I be sure to get UPnP/multicast working with dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Budgie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 23:13    Post subject: Can I be sure to get UPnP/multicast working with dd-wrt Reply with quote
I have an AP connecting to my copper subnet with a multimedia device connected by a wireless bridge. The AP at present is an EnGenius 1750 with no dd-wrt and the bridge device is an EnGenius ECB3500 which has dd-wrt installed.

My problem is that this setup only works for a couple of hours and then the keep alive signal from the multimedia device seems to get lost so phone app control points stop seeing the device they are to control. On the other hand the device keeps seeking DHCP addresses and not receiving them so over time all the leases on my subnet DHCP server are used up but all by the same MAC address which, even so, is not visible from the control point

I am about to purchase a new AP with dd-wrt installed to replace the existing AP in the hope that with both devices running dd-wrt I shall be able to get the multicast/UPnP protocol working and control the multimedia device.

I have read every article I can find on this problem and the solutions, if that is what they are, are a bit above my pay grade.

Bottom line is, if I get the new dd-wrt AP so both AP and bridge device are running dd-wrt, can I be confident my problem will be solved.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: