4G LTE hotspot to router to wireless access point?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
starider7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 21:48    Post subject: 4G LTE hotspot to router to wireless access point? Reply with quote
This is more of a "can I even do this" question, because after searching all over the internet, I can't find a single instance of anyone actually doing what I want to do. I'm hoping someone here either has done something like this, or at least knows if it is even possible, before I waste a lot of time on it.

I have an AT&T Unite mobile hotspot (Sierra 770s) for internet in my house. I want to extend the horrible 10' WiFi range of this device, but there are no lan ports. (The two antenna ports on this are for extending the cellular range, not the wifi range.)

I'm thinking about using my Netgear WNR2000v2 which I know will run dd-wrt, and setting it in client mode, then wirelessly connecting that to the AT&T Unite.

Then, for the final step, I would take a wireless access point (I have a spare Linksys WAP54G or a couple others I could use) and connect the LAN port on it to one of the LAN ports on the Netgear.

Hopefully, this should let me extend the abysmal WiFi signal over the entire house. So... am I on the right track, or should I try something else? Any tips or thoughts on this?
Sponsor
joefish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 15:25    Post subject: 4G LTE hotspot to router to wireless access point Reply with quote
Mot sure about second part of your question;
I just got finished connecting dd-wrt linksys router(wireless client)to AT&T unite.
I would suggest load factory defaults.
Then set Lan to 192.168.10.1
Goto status tab subtab wireless
Hit site survey to view available wireless networks
Find AT&T Unite, note broadcast channel
Go back to wireless tab; Select client mode set channel
Under wireless security, choose WPA2 Personal/AES algo
Enter Shared key listed on AT&T Unite
Go back to Status tab subtab wireless;Hit site survey.
Join UNITE wifi network.
MAC address of your router should show up on connected
devices on Unite; right arrow, IP address should show up as 192.168.1.x

Good luck - JF
ninjamustdie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:11    Post subject: Re: 4G LTE hotspot to router to wireless access point Reply with quote
joefish wrote:
Mot sure about second part of your question;
I just got finished connecting dd-wrt linksys router(wireless client)to AT&T unite.
I would suggest load factory defaults.
Then set Lan to 192.168.10.1
Goto status tab subtab wireless
Hit site survey to view available wireless networks
Find AT&T Unite, note broadcast channel
Go back to wireless tab; Select client mode set channel
Under wireless security, choose WPA2 Personal/AES algo
Enter Shared key listed on AT&T Unite
Go back to Status tab subtab wireless;Hit site survey.
Join UNITE wifi network.
MAC address of your router should show up on connected
devices on Unite; right arrow, IP address should show up as 192.168.1.x

Good luck - JF

Im a router noob and I've tried every possible way to repeat the 4g signal hotspot from my mifi modem but to no avail until i bumped into this config..u have my thanks sir..work like a charm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: