DD-WRT Access Point Problem Related to WIFI Channel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
nixy82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:11    Post subject: DD-WRT Access Point Problem Related to WIFI Channel? Reply with quote
Hi

I've got a weird problem

This setup has worked fine up until today when I fixed a slow wifi issue and broke my AP config

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Running DD-WRT 18740

D-LINK DIR-615 Running DD-WRT 21061

The TP Link was running NG Mixed on Chan 11 and the AP was able to connect fine.

I found I got poor WIFI speeds on my ThinkPad Laptop with this config so yesterday changed the wifi channel from 11 to 6. This appears to have fixed the WIFI speed problem but today I notice that the D-LINK AP no longer connects to the host WIFI

Now I've changed nothing else here on the host config but the channel here so lost as to why this has happened.

Anyway I tried changing the channel on the host to 5 then 1 and it still didn't work Sad

In desperation I changed it back to Chan 11.

The AP then sprang back into life and my printer then promptly printed out again.

Can any one help?
[size=12]
[/size]
Sponsor
nixy82
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:51    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote
Ha!

Worked it out

I had to take the D-Link box out of being a Brige repeater and back to an AP, save, then go back to menu and change channel, save, then change back to bridge repeater.

Job done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: