WZR 600DHP possible brick issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Jakib2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:15    Post subject: WZR 600DHP possible brick issue Reply with quote
Hello all,

I am relatively new to DD-WRT.

I recently tried to flash the newest firmware update for my WZR 600DHP. I used the 4/18 build and the instructions found here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-AG300H#WZR-600DHP

I stepped away once the file was selected and the update timer began only to come back to a unable to connect firefox screen. Something must has crashed during the update but I was able to log back onto 192.168.1.1 and mess around the new yellow and blue settings page.

click after click the connect seemed to be getting weaker and slower and eventually I was unable to connect at all.

Since then I have been unable to connect to the router at all neither through wireless or LAN. The wireless connection is now named dd-wrt and no longer the buffalo router name.

I held the reset for 30 seconds countless times. Set the static ip in for my wireless and LAN connection o 192.168.1.1 and have gotten nothing. Every time I tried to 192.168.1.1 it just times out.

I attempt to diagnose either connections with the buffalo router through windows and it says they do not have a valid IP address.

I also tried the tftp upgrade tool after pinging the routers IP and turning off and on the power.

I attempted to debrick using the TFTP method but do not have a XP machine and have been unable to complete the process with win 8 or vista.

It just seems to be timing out when trying to communicate with it via update or the browser at 192.168.1.1 although it does respond to pinging via cmd.

The red light is on during bootup but disappears after about 20 seconds while both the wifi indicators working.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am sorry if I am missing some vital information but I am just learning and would like to solve this issue.

Can anyone point me in any particular direction?

Thanks
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
See the first post in this forum, and note 6 of the peacock announcement in the Broadcom forum.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's the procedure I used to revert in Windows 7. Slightly different than the Wiki.

Buffalo WZR-600DHP Factory Revert with Windows 7
1. Download latest factory firmware.
2. Open a command shell as administrator.
3. CD to the directory containing firmware.
4. Plug network cable directly from computer to router LAN port.
5. Leave router power unplugged.
6. Disable Windows Firewall using Control Panel.
7. Set the network card TCPIP4 properties to 192.168.11.2 subnet 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.11.1. Use Network and Sharing Center.
8. At the command shell, type regedit. In the Registry Editor window, change the following
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Name: DisableDHCPMediaSense
Data type: REG_DWORD (Boolean)
Value: 1

9. At the command shell, type route print, and scroll up to find the interface number of the network card.
10. At the command shell, type netsh interface ipv4 add neighbors <interface> 192.168.11.1 02-aa-bb-cc-dd-20 Replace <interface> with the number from step 6.
11. At the command shell, type tftp –i 192.168.11.1 put <filename> where filename is the firmware .enc file from step 1. Do not press Enter.
12. Plug the power into the router and count to 9. Press Enter. (Ideally, you want to hit enter right before the link lights flash for initialization). If it times out, unplug power, wait 15 seconds, then repeat steps 11 and 12 until you get the timing right.
13. Once the flash is successful, do nothing for 30 minutes. Let the router rebuild.
14. After 30 minutes, type netsh interface ipv4 delete arpcache at the command shell.
15. Set the network card back to DHCP.
16. Change the registry value in step 8 to 0.
17. Turn Windows Firewall on.
18. Cycle power on the router.
19. Once the router recycles, at the command shell, type ipconfig /release, then ipconfig /renew to get a proper IP.
20. Navigate to http://192.168.11.1 using your favorite browser. You should get prompted for credentials. Username is admin, password is password.
21. Configure router as desired.

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: