Trendnet tew-410apbplus and happiness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
adspguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 0:48    Post subject: Trendnet tew-410apbplus and happiness Reply with quote
I know everyone is excited about new devices, but I need to share my joy with the few people in the world who would appreciate it Very Happy

I've had a couple of these trendnet AP devices for something like 6 or 7 years. I bought them to make a point to point link to connect a pair of wired networks in a house I just moved into. After I got off my lazy butt and ran a wire, I've just been using them as APs to get better wireless coverage in the house.

But these things had awful firmware. Many settings just didn't work. They played mostly ok with my dd-wrt running asus 520gu (now up 258 days.) But I could never tell which wireless device was connecting to which AP, handoffs sometimes caused multi-second drops.

I would every so often check the router database hoping and praying that even though they were only APs and not routers, maybe they would show up. Alas, the main page router database showed me no love Sad

But, when I purchased my new E1000 router I was poking around on the supported routers database in the wiki and low and behold, there was an entry for the 410apbpluses! After checking the the instructions for the linksys WAP54GV2 it shares hardware with, I got the 14929 micro build running.

Now the 410's work extremely well! There are no dropped handoffs, I can see whats connected to what, I can see bandwidth usage, this is fabulous.

I am so excited that I had to share with you, since nobody I talk to gets just how cool this is.

Thanks Brainslayer, EKO, and all the rest for making this work so well.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: