wrt54g traffic tracking?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
exit151
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:29    Post subject: wrt54g traffic tracking? Reply with quote
You know how on the tabs, there is the WAN tab that shows your WAN (obviously) and the days of the month, and how much traffic went up and down through the device? Is there any way of doing that for the devices connected to the router on the 'switch' side (IE, plugged in Ethernet cables and the wireless connections) where you can see live (or daily, but preferably live) what device on your network is sending or receiving traffic?
Sponsor
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
It can be done for your router but will require a lot of resources.
Not much horses in the WRT54G to process it

search the forum for "wrtbwmon"
Don't know how much space you have in jffs
But there you should save data
exit151
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey thanks for the tip! That's exactly what I'm looking for Smile Not sure either about how it'll run, going to read through the posts and hit the wiki. It's an older router these days, but the particular one connected to my wan (i have several wrt54g's running here) is one of the grand-daddys with max they had (32MB/16MB IIRC), dunno how the cpu will cope, but the thing is darn near idle according to the status, tons free, and that's running the mega dd-wrt with all sorts of goodies active Smile Thanks again for the proper lingo to hunt for.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
what you want I think is to be able to run the MyPage service. It gives you the graphs and useful info on traffic by device and stuff like that on a webpage integrated into the DD-WRT sysinfo page as a separate tab. however, to run that you need to install Optware which requires USB storage which the WRT54G doesn;t have.

if it could run directly from the internal memory, that would be awesome but I don't think it works that way. I;ve got a few old DD-WRT routers with 16/32 mb of RAM but no USB ports. maybe it;s possible(using jffs storage or CIFS client?) but I haven;t looked to deeply into it.

So maybe an upgrade to your main router is what you need plus Optware. That along with the pixelserv service(pop up and ad blocker) has been pretty useful for me.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: