adding antenna to TEW-647GA adapter ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
antok86
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 18:29    Post subject: adding antenna to TEW-647GA adapter ??? Reply with quote
where and how to i add a antenna to TEW-647GA adapter. i opened it up and this is what the front and back look like. looks like theres a trace on the pcb that is the antenna? but im not sure. If i can add a pigtail to solder on where would it be ?

Sponsor
boatman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have a TEW-647GA and would like to add an external antenna, however after seeing your photos I decided not to open mine.

Can anyone suggest another model of gaming adapter that comes with a detachable antenna?
antok86
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump
boatman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
The antennas on the circuit board look like a pair of dipoles fed with a balanced lines.

If you can explain how to disassemble the TEW-647GA adapter without breaking it I may be able to open mine and have a closer look.
antok86
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
boatman wrote:
The antennas on the circuit board look like a pair of dipoles fed with a balanced lines.

If you can explain how to disassemble the TEW-647GA adapter without breaking it I may be able to open mine and have a closer look.

sure. its not that hard to open. theres a rubber ring on the bottom to prevent slips. peel that off carefully and theere will be two small screws on the bottom. then peel the indicator sticker which shows LED activity. then the rest is just carefully prying it open since the casing is held on with clips.
antok86
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone?
antok86
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump
compguy454
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I opened mine also. Anyone have any luck?
Also, I was wondering if the small copper connector under what appears to be the antenna that is molded into the board is of any use-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: