Belkin F5D8235-4 v3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kusanagi wrote:
I could possibly do some testing.. I have this particular model at home. What exactly would I have to do?

Testing out with a multimeter the gpio pin assignments for the different LED's.
A few gpio's can be found by watching the LED's while doing gpio enable/gpio disable commands but most of them has to be checked with a multimeter.
Tell me if you are able to do that and I can then give you further instructions.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
...even harder for me without router.

like: "first led above the router" means NOTHING to me. You must tell me what it is? Like "power" led, "diag" led, etc....

using tomato firmware i can control all LEDs with GPIO.
on upper of front panel is five download LEDs ,which were used
show real time traffic in factory firmware. those LEDs direct connect to GPIOs.
loveni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
other LEDs are controled by two 74HC595s ,whose data-sheet can be found at http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/74HC_HCT595.pdf

GPIO 0 connected to pin 14 for data source, GPIO 1 connected to pin 11 for shift register clock input ,GPIO 11 connected to pin 12 for storage register clock input,GPIO 5 should set to enable for power supply,GPIO 4 connected to ping 13 for output enable,gpio enable 4 can turn off all LEDs without lost status and gpio disable 4 can restore them.
loveni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
except download LED group,there are 7 LED signs on front panel,they are security、wireless、wired、storage、router、modem、internet
from top to down。every sign has two colors,blue first and red second expect router sign,serial turn on sequences are shown blew

router sign also contains two LEDs ,not two color but two separate blue LEDs

keep
Code:
gpio 0 disable
to set one LED on
or
keep
Code:
gpio 0 enable
to set one LED off
can then
Code:
gpio enable 1
gpio disable 1

set shift register serial
this need to repeat 14 times to set every LEDs
and finally
Code:

gpio disable 11
gpio enable 11

flush shift register data to storage register and show at the front panel.
gpio 4 always should disable and gpio 5 should enable.

click images can see large images

Last edited by loveni on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:05; edited 1 time in total
loveni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
GPIO 6 connect to reset button
GPIO 8 connect to WPS button
GPIO 10 connect a button on top of router
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good job you have done there loveni, the same type of circuit is used in the v2 version (Ralink RT3052 cpu) of the router so I had already figured out the function by looking in the GPL code for that one and it was merely a question of which i/o-pins had been used in the v3. (there is no GPL code available for the v3).

I doubt that Eko is willing to implement a special led-gpio function for this router when all other Broadcom based routers works with one LED on it's own gpio pin and not a serial-to-parallel shift register like this.
It would be the only Broadcom router with a different gpio module and would need a specific build for the router instead of a general build..

I'll email Eko and give him a heads up and a pointer to your posts in case he hasn't seen them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can implement it, similar I just did for Netgear wndr4000 (one 8 bit shift register).
00diabolic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 23:57    Post subject: How to install & USB support Reply with quote
Hi Eko/LOM,

I have this router and your latest dd-wrt.v24-16309_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin for it. I have tried to update the firmware from the default belkin interface and no go. What is the procedure to install this version on this router? Ill check the peacock thread but since this router is WIP I dont want to brick it doing something wrong. Hope you can help.

Also is USB support available with this build or can it be added? I see there is a procedure to add USB support but I am a bit of a noob and am just learning DD-wrt in and outs.

THANKS
madhits45
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:18    Post subject: How to x2 Reply with quote
I'm looking for the same thing. I have this router and can not figure out how to get DD-wrt onto it or any other 3rd party firmware for that matter. Can someone help. Looks like it takes TFTP but there is no confirmation of that here nore in the DD-wrt wiki... Whats the process?

Hope someone can give us some direction.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. Make sure your 8235 is a v3, v1 and v2 are Ralink based and not supported by Eko's build.

2. Turn off any firewall or antivirus program in your computer.

3. Upload Eko's build from first page in this thread, the trailed build with the router name in the file name. This is a first time flash build to convert from Belkin software to dd-wrt.

4. Wait 5 minutes for the router to rebuild nvram, it may reboot a couple of times first time.
In the meantime reconfigure your computers ip to be in the 192.168.1.x subnet with gateway 192.168.1.1

5. Connect to the standard dd-wrt router ip 192.168.1.1 with a web browser

16309 is a build that can be used to upgrade via the dd-wrt web gui aftwerwards.
There are more recent mini, std, big, and mega builds here:

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/04-09-11-r16785/broadcom_K26/

and you can instead start with the trailed build from 16785 instead of the one from first page in this thread in step 3 if you wish to.
madhits45
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:32    Post subject: 3.00.15 Reply with quote
GUI/Firmware: 3.00.15 Nov 24 2009
That is the version on the router currently
madhits45
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:28    Post subject: ahhh that makes sense Reply with quote
Are you sure I can go to a mega release after? The highest version I have found so far is v24-17084_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f5d8235v3. I have not seen mega releases but that is what Im looking for as those have USB support. Is USB working on this router under DD-wrt? I know it can be added through some tinkering but being a noob I was hoping it would be included in the latest build.

Update: I have been able to go from 16302 to 16309 but can not seen to update to version 17084 or version 16785 that you pointed to in the brainslayer k26 updates. Any idea why? I get the message upgrade failed when I tried. Is there another incremental update I need to do first to move to those?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas.bin

dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_big.bin

dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega.bin

are just a few examples of build you can upgrade to.
You can of course goo to the 17084 or 17201 folder and find the same files.

Do not use files ending in nv60k or e2k_e3k, they are for other routers.

Do only use a trailed build for the first time flashing from Belkin firmware to dd-wrt firmware.
Fried Onion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
I know its been a while since this topic was posted on, and its an obvious question (I'm new to dd-wrt)but I can't seem to be able to flash my box with DD-WRT. I assumed in LOM's post that uploading meant using the web gui (it used that terminology in the wiki) but when I try to flash either of the new firmwares, it just reboots the box into stock firmware, so its not actually flashing it. I also tried using TFTP, but I may have not been doing it right. (i followed the instructions here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TFTP_flash for mac)

My box isn't very reliable so I'm keen to try and put DD-WRT on it. Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated

Thanks
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fried Onion wrote:
Hi,
I assumed in LOM's post that uploading meant using the web gui (it used that terminology in the wiki) but when I try to flash either of the new firmwares, it just reboots the box into stock firmware, so its not actually flashing it.

Others have succeeded so there is nothing wrong with the firmware.
Trailed build (with router name in the file name) for first time flashing from Belkin stock firmware to dd-wrt.
Firewall and antivirus program off, upload the file via Belkins web gui for firmware update.

Try another browser or a windows machine if you still can't get a successful flash.

Navigation

Jump to: