Belkin F5D8235-4 v3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Fried Onion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok thanks, I just wasn't sure if you were meant to do it through the web gui. Ill try it from another computer now

thanks
Sponsor
00diabolic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah it does work through the gui.. Its like other versions where there is a starting dd-wrt you have to upload to go from belkin fw to dd-wrt. That is what I kept missing. Brainslayers first post has the belkin to dd-wrt version in this topic. Start with that and then go to whatever version you want.

I am on build 17201 and it works great.

No LEDs though. Do we have a nub solution for the LEDS? I see it can be done in what looks like a manual fasion turing on gpio per event or something but has anyone got a script written that just does it for you?
wickedlfe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi - wanted to get a status and see if there was a version with the LED's fixed? Thanks.
EmuLives
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
So... there is an initial firmware needed to transition from the official Belkin to the dd-wrt firmware.

- Where do I find it?
- What method do I use to install it?

Once that version has been installed...

- I can then update to more generic firmwares?
- Which ones?
- What method do I use to install them?
EmuLives
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any updates on this router's overall status? I hope I'm not the only one still using this model.
Quote:
F5D8235-4 | v3 | K7SF5D8235v3 | Broadcom BCM4718@480 | 32 | 8 | SOC | b/g/n | - | 1 | 1 | 4 LAN 1 WAN | 12v 1.4A | USB 2.0, GBit WAN&LAN | WIP

All I'm looking for is the ability to load the module needed to use 3G modems through the USB port with ppp. IF anyone can recommend a router that can do this now, please let me know. I'll do a search on ebay, and/or amazon.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
EmuLives wrote:

All I'm looking for is the ability to load the module needed to use 3G modems through the USB port with ppp.

The modules are included in all usb, big, and mega builds for K26 Broadcom.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

With the info all over the place, forums, wiki, site database, its a bit confusing.

Are you saying its possible now?

What firmware do I install first? Do I install it through Belkin's GUI? Where do I download the K26 Broadcom?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
EmuLives wrote:
LOM wrote:

With the info all over the place, forums, wiki, site database, its a bit confusing.

Are you saying its possible now?

What firmware do I install first? Do I install it through Belkin's GUI? Where do I download the K26 Broadcom?

This thread has only 4 pages, won't take you too long to read them and they contain the answers to your questions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, and thanks. I was a bit apprehensive due to the fact that I didn't want to brick my only router. Embarassed

I was made very simple by one of your posts, a few posts back.

- I logged into the router (default 192.168.2.1), and changed the address to 192.168.1.1.
- Rebooted the router, and then my PC.
- Updated one the mini trailing builds you listed (through the GUI).
- Updated one of the Mega builds you listed (through the GUI).

Done!
firedrow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have LEDs ever been figured out? I have installed the trailed firmware, then updated to the 18777 big build. Everything seems to be working fine (haven't tested much, just finished the 18777 upgrade and changing some settings). The LEDs aren't working though.
Iomega0318
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know this post is a few months old, the OP even older.. but I was wondering if anyone was still using this router and how it is working for you? Are the LEDs working ok? I have had this router for a few years and the firmware it uses just sucks and it's time I put it to better use.. I read through all of this and it seems as though I can do it without breaking anything but this would be the first router I have ever used DD-WRT on so I'm a bit hesitant..

After following a link in one of the posts it lead me here:
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/04-09-11-r16785/broadcom_K26/

So I worked backwards and then found this one:
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/broadcom_K26/

I assume I use this one:
dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f5d8235v3.bin

Do I just log into my router and flash it like normal or is there a special way?

Any and all help would be appreciated, thank you!
firedrow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Iomega0318
I just did this in April, so it's fairly recent but just out of fresh. I did the same thing as you, started at one post and then found this one. Read through this post and the other one, somewhere they mention a specific Brainslayers build that they call the "trailed" build. That build will crack your routers firmware and allow you to load the bigger, better DD-WRT builds. I used the 18777 build because it was new in April. Looks like there have been 2 builds since, so once you get trailed working feel free to flash the new builds. And yes, it's just like flashing an official firmware. Go to the Belkin Upgrade Tab and use the trailed build first.

As of 18777, no the LEDs don't work. Somewhere someone talked about manually changing register values, but didn't say how or what values. And I believe that would have just made the lights static/unchanging, not blinking based on activity.
Iomega0318
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
firedrow wrote:
@Iomega0318
I just did this in April, so it's fairly recent but just out of fresh. I did the same thing as you, started at one post and then found this one. Read through this post and the other one, somewhere they mention a specific Brainslayers build that they call the "trailed" build. That build will crack your routers firmware and allow you to load the bigger, better DD-WRT builds. I used the 18777 build because it was new in April. Looks like there have been 2 builds since, so once you get trailed working feel free to flash the new builds. And yes, it's just like flashing an official firmware. Go to the Belkin Upgrade Tab and use the trailed build first.

As of 18777, no the LEDs don't work. Somewhere someone talked about manually changing register values, but didn't say how or what values. And I believe that would have just made the lights static/unchanging, not blinking based on activity.

Hmm interesting, I assume by trailed it would mean this one?
dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_f5d8235v3.bin
and it is a BrainSlayer build.. but correct me if I am wrong I don't want to go breaking anything lol..

and hmm to bad on the LEDs but having DD-WRT would be worth loosing those lol..
Iomega0318
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep that one was correct lol, went ahead and tried.. all I did was upgrade to that firmware didn't have to change anything and it worked perfectly! Now if only someone could figure out the pesky lights!
Iomega0318
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
So just out of curiousity and in case I break anything down the line, is there any way to revert back to the original firmware?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: