Mistakenly flashed K24 firmware onto K26 hardware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
brav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16    Post subject: Mistakenly flashed K24 firmware onto K26 hardware Reply with quote
I'm used to flashing routers and should've known better, but was quickly flashing through a valet M10 v1 (E1000) router with a K24 firmware and now power light briefly flashes for about 5 secs before going dark (while port lights up when I connect to computer), and can't get ping. When I ping, I get "request timed out." Tried 30-30-30 reset, and also tried holding down reset while connected to computer, which ping then gives me "destination host unreachable." This is on setting my comp as 192.168.1.11, and 10 Mbs half duplex settings.

Anything else I can try before needing to serial/jtag? Thanks in advance... Embarassed
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 16:29    Post subject: Re: Mistakenly flashed K24 firmware onto K26 hardware Reply with quote
brav wrote:
I'm used to flashing routers and should've known better, but was quickly flashing through a valet M10 v1 (E1000) router with a K24 firmware and now power light briefly flashes for about 5 secs before going dark (while port lights up when I connect to computer), and can't get ping. When I ping, I get "request timed out." Tried 30-30-30 reset, and also tried holding down reset while connected to computer, which ping then gives me "destination host unreachable." This is on setting my comp as 192.168.1.11, and 10 Mbs half duplex settings.

Anything else I can try before needing to serial/jtag? Thanks in advance... Embarassed

I did this on my e1000 unit once...yep... use JTAG...you gotta clear out the nvram and kernel partitions.

redhawk

Looking for more test units (newer models) for the project...got a brick?...PM me to make a donation. (USA) A donation is not a debricking service....it is a way to "Give back" to the dd-wrt project.

I do NOT provide personal assistance through chat or phone....so please don't ask.
brav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've flashed a lot of routers, but never jtag or serial'ed it before..do you think serial is possible too? and is one easier than the other?

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: