WRT54G v8 Serial Port Servo Controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
kevinp34
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:43    Post subject: WRT54G v8 Serial Port Servo Controller Reply with quote
I have a WRT54G v8 running dd-wrt micro-plus. The use-case is I would like to attach a device to the WRT54G's serial port and send/read data. Specifically, I would like to hook a servo controller to my WRT54G serial port and control it remotely via telnet. I have found various posts/info about this, but I have to say I am still unsure of if this is even possible with a WRT54G v8.

I am comfortable with the hardware end of the problem (interfacing the MAX232, etc), but the software part I am not. From what I've read, it would be something like this:
cat "test data" > /dev/tts/1

But /dev/tts/1 doesn't seem to be available. Do I need a WRT54GL (or something similar)? Or a different version other than v8? Much of the info I've found has been in the context of a WRT54GL. Thank you for any info!
Sponsor
dcyli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
What does

cat "test data" > /dev/tts/1

do?

I use echo "test data" > /dev/tts/1

And have you tried /dev/tts/0? You might just have it on the wrong port?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: