Issue with PPTP VPN Server / iPhone Client

Goto page Previous  1, 2
edjusted
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:14    Post subject: Re: VPN FIX Reply with quote
@mikesus: that seems to do the trick. Thanks for posting the link!

mikesus wrote:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2778039&start=75&tstart=0

Quote:
Thanks to the work and post by Syrex I have been able to get a workable PPTP connection.

What I have done on my DD-WRT router is add the following to the startup window.
Found here - Administration > Commands > Startup

echo 'noaccomp' >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd

I have verified that it works both over 3G and from another WiFi network connection

I did it this way so all I will need to do is remove command from the startup window if a real fix is released.

Thanks again Syrex
Sponsor
TomD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 16:40    Post subject: Re: VPN FIX Reply with quote
mikesus wrote:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2778039&start=75&tstart=0

Quote:
Thanks to the work and post by Syrex I have been able to get a workable PPTP connection.

What I have done on my DD-WRT router is add the following to the startup window.
Found here - Administration > Commands > Startup

echo 'noaccomp' >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd

I have verified that it works both over 3G and from another WiFi network connection

I did it this way so all I will need to do is remove command from the startup window if a real fix is released.

Thanks again Syrex

With this option the VPN stays connected, but RDC stopped working (tcp error)...
mikesus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
RDC works fine on mine... dunno?
Armethyst
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 14:08    Post subject: ipad2-iphone 4 on ddwrt tplink w1043nd Reply with quote
Hey guys,
i'm trying all what you said about it.
nothing seems to work.
for some reason it gives me a message the vpn server(aka the router) did not respond etc etc..

any idea why? what can i do to solve it? i tried adding that line that solved the 4.3 ios issue. didn't help.
i'm pretty lost now.. any help would be appreciated so very much.
netfer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:58    Post subject: VPN on Iphone in DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hi, I desesperate, I try too many configurations to get work this VPN, when I connect wifi in my house, the VPN work perfectly, in 3G mode don´t work. Why?.
I need some help please.

Thanks.
cedriclille
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 19:42    Post subject: Trouble With K26 Reply with quote
Everything was fine with this script :

#!/bin/sh
echo "nopcomp" >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
echo "noaccomp" >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
kill `ps | grep pptp | cut -d ' ' -f 1`
pptpd -c /tmp/pptpd/pptpd.conf -o /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd

But I upgraded to K26 on a wrt610n and when I run this script I get :

"sh : you need to specifiy whom to kill"

Any idea ???
Gadget85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 20:33    Post subject: Re: Issue with PPTP VPN Server / iPhone Client Reply with quote
neo8820 wrote:
Hello,

I have a wrt54gl that I loaded the vpn firmware build 13064 on. I have the dsl modem plugged into the wan port and have configured pppoe and dyndns. I have enabled the pptp server, set the server ip = 192.168.1.1, configured the ip/pass etc.

From my iphone I configured a new pptp connection. The problem I am having is it doesn't consistantly work. 1 out of every 20 connections will work and the VPN works beautifully. Then, if I disconnect and try to reconnect it fails. Sometimes it fails 50 times before it works again, sometimes only 2 or 3.

Can anyone think why my configuration works but not consitantly?

Hello, I was also having the same issue with my PPTP Vpn i am running sp24 on my linksys E2100L, what I have done is added the following script to the startup command on the router. So far only been testing this fix for 10 hours. I have been able to mantain a stable VPN connection for 8 hours. now connecting the first time every time from my iPhone 4 running 4.3.3

script:

#!/bin/sh
echo "lcp-echo-interval 25" >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
echo "lcp-echo-failure 250" >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
echo "lcp-max-failure 340" >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
echo "mtu 1450" >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
echo "mru 1450" >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
echo "nopcomp" >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
echo "noaccomp" >> /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
sed -i -e 's/mppe .*/mppe required,stateless/' /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpd
kill `ps | grep pptp | cut -d ' ' -f 1`
pptpd -c tmp/pptpd/pptpd.conf -o /tmp/pptpd/options.pptpdv

END:

Now during this testing period I have noticed every so often that my internet connection slows to a stall. when this has occured I go to the routers home page at eg. 192.168.1.1 and it starts working again. i am not sure if this is fixing it yet. I will continue to tweak settings and keep you all updated.

Curently running on my iphone for the full duration of the current connection using 3g:

3 push mail accounts
2 Yahoo Mail accounts
1 Gmail account using the Exchange option.
Pandora [non stop]
slight web surfing
using a few other apps like
fourSquare
Speed Test
myAT&T
App Sstore
FaceBook
Messanger [FaceBook messanger app]
TeamViewer

During my useage I have experinced a few hiccups in the connection but is resloved in a few minuets without the VPN connection droping. I am wondering if tweaking the settings a little more will help with the slow downs.

Tomorrow I will try with to mantain a connection the entire time I am at work with the minimal useage. and see if it stays connected the whole day.

My next goal is to mantain a connection for a week and may have to tweak a few settings. Hope this helps.

I found this by mixing scripts that I have found together and it seems to work.

The connection was terminated a few minuets after this post simply reconnected still working! maybe need to up some numbers for a longer connection. not sure yet tho.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: