100 pages of WRT160Nv3 posts condensed (Device thread)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
ryanhall85 wrote:
After running Fractal 20801 since the last post, I've been starting to have issues with time restrictions for the past week or two. This has happened with previous Brainslayer builds as well. I will set times to restrict internet access for any machine except for a specific group of them. What ends up happening is that those machines are set on 24 hour restrictions and can't ever connect. I will try updating to the latest build (20979) and see if it fixes the issue.

Are you doing a factory reset every time and redoing your settings? Could also be worth a try if not. Clear nvram via telnet/ssh as per the OP. Smile
Sponsor
ryanhall85
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've neve done anything more than power it off for 30 seconds and power it back on. I can give it a try, but I have a hard time seeing it make a difference as any changes I make take place immediately. Also, redoing the setting every time is extremely annoying considering having to manually set IP addresses for 8 different devices by MAC address as well as port forwarding, DNS entries and time restrictions. Does nobody have the build prior to 20801?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
ryanhall85 wrote:
I've neve done anything more than power it off for 30 seconds and power it back on. I can give it a try, but I have a hard time seeing it make a difference as any changes I make take place immediately. Also, redoing the setting every time is extremely annoying considering having to manually set IP addresses for 8 different devices by MAC address as well as port forwarding, DNS entries and time restrictions. Does nobody have the build prior to 20801?

The nvram settings can get messed up and not carry forward correctly from build to build so that's why it's recommended you factory reset every time, annoying as that may be. So yeah, give that a try. There were issues with it not properly getting cleared from the webui either, which I'm not entirely sure has been resolved yet, so that's why I recommend doing it via telnet.

Someone's got a settings backup and restore script around here too that allows you to upgrade without worrying about it too, so that might be worth you looking into.
keyofnight
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
ryanhall85 wrote:
After running Fractal 20801 since the last post, I've been starting to have issues with time restrictions for the past week or two. This has happened with previous Brainslayer builds as well. I will set times to restrict internet access for any machine except for a specific group of them. What ends up happening is that those machines are set on 24 hour restrictions and can't ever connect. I will try updating to the latest build (20979) and see if it fixes the issue.

Were there any other problems?—performance problems?

"[We] must so to speak throw away the ladder, after [we have] climbed up on it." Ludwig Wittgenstein, Tractatus, §6.54
ryanhall85
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, other than that, it seemed to work great. G/N worked fine too.

As far as a backups, what you said made me think and I went to Administration>Backup and found "Backup Settings" which saved the file nvram.bak to my computer. I set everything back to factory settings, then restored them via the .bak file.

It put all of my settings back, but the time restrictions still aren't working properly. It's not allowing traffic for any of the selected machines at any time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
ryanhall85 wrote:
No, other than that, it seemed to work great. G/N worked fine too.

As far as a backups, what you said made me think and I went to Administration>Backup and found "Backup Settings" which saved the file nvram.bak to my computer. I set everything back to factory settings, then restored them via the .bak file.

It put all of my settings back, but the time restrictions still aren't working properly. It's not allowing traffic for any of the selected machines at any time.

Nah that's still the wrong way. You just did the exact same thing by backing up all of your nvram and restoring it. You need to wipe and set it up from scratch to see if that fixes it.
eXPerience
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
what about new fractal's build I'm using now dd-wrt.v24-20979_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-wrt160nv3 but I'll try downloaded from ftp://ftp.basmaf.com/

But I have a question, is it possible to install Xlink Kai with this router? thx.
dougb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 0:57    Post subject: Best firmware for WRT160N still 21676? Reply with quote
Howdy,

I notice that this thread hasn't had much recent activity, so I'm wondering what people are running on this hardware nowadays. I have been using 21676 since it came out with good success. I tried 22118 but it didn't work for me even after a 30/30/30, so I went back to 21676.

Had some time today and I noticed that there are some new builds, but I also noticed a lot of threads about newer builds bricking routers so I thought I'd ask if anyone has tried the recent builds, and if there are any success/failure stories.

Or are people using other firmware for this router nowadays?

Thanks,

Doug
dragontome
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a wrt160nV3 and have been trying to keep up with various builds over the years. I have switched over to Fractal builds in recent months because newer BrainSlayer builds will not boot. I have chosen an appropriate, smallish (~3.7mb or under) firmware, flash, clear everything with the recommended practice but the router with not boot. I have tried both a trailed, mini build and also the openvpn, small build, version 23204, with no success. I am hopeful the trailed and/or small, openvpn build for this model will be corrected. In the meantime, however, I'm back to a 'newish' Fractal build, 22960.
dougb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
dragontome wrote:
I have switched over to Fractal builds in recent months because newer BrainSlayer builds will not boot.

What's a Fractal build? And does anyone have a URL to a known-good version?

Doug
dragontome
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal is a newer developer building dd-wrt. He posts periodic builds to an external ftp site. I did try BrainSlayers latest build (23320). It boots the router now, but still has issues with WiFi starting up in ad hoc mode. To get it going, I just telnet in and wl down and up it.

Tom
pandarock32
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:28    Post subject: 160n v3 problem Reply with quote
Hi
I tried posting about this in the main forum, but so far no one has replied after 3 days so I guess no one there knows, maybe you guys can help me? I have a drt160nv3 made by linksys that was running build 13575m but then I updated it to 14929 mini and this problem has happened on both. When I am using the internet I will suddenly lose access (not wifi connection) to the internet and when I load a page it just says 'reset'. The internet comes back after a few minutes. I have just now changed the settings to those described in page 1 of this thread (ie beacon interval to 75) maybe this will help? Any ideas why it is doing this? When I log on to the dd wrt admin page, it doesn't report any downtime.
hobbit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:59    Post subject: Linksys WRT160V3 and Firmware v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini Reply with quote
Hi:

I update the Linksys WRT160V3 at 15 days and everything runs well.

But, now I am having some strange behaviors form Wireless part, regarding stability and throughput.

I already managed to have 22Mbps but some times fall down to 1Mbps or 220Kbs. I already read some posts about tunning the wifi and configuration for this router but it is behaving very strange.

What is the best fimrware? One could be the 14929 but is very old. Any one have news about this? After readin this thread I have the idea that the build 21676 it's a good choice or de 20202.

With my best regards

Carlos Ribeiro
fuc847wrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
where can i download Fractal's firmware now? i can't seem to find the correct revisions on the ftp.

looking for 20202 or 20979 since they seem to be the most stable reliable ones.
urbanspaceman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I, too, had my best experiences so far with the 20202 build and haven't kept a copy of the original file. Maybe someone still has it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: