100 pages of WRT160Nv3 posts condensed (Device thread)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
The latest stable builds listed in the last few pages of the original thread are the one to be using "at least for now".

Adding a 1000ma power supply as well as the two ceramic capacitors have made the signal drop issue unnoticeable "at least for me".

there is no real way "that I know of " to monitor the signal drop..unless you just happen to be at the terminal. I wold gladly post time up if I had a means to log it. Needs to be a win platform.

Cheers

Thomas
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
inSSIDer shows the drops pretty well, can't record with it, but you can get quite a stretch of time going.
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks I will check it out...

Here is the link..http://download.cnet.com/inSSIDer/3000-2085_4-10848357.html?tag=mncol&cdlPid=10848358

Nice Little App!!

Thanks O - I will screen shot my results, just hope they are, as I suspect...

Log Start 8:32:03pm Will See...
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
How much up time is required to validate an improvement for this router?

Opinions,Opinions
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Magister wrote:
The dropout problem is (certainly) a software (driver) only problem, so just wait for a dd-wrt version with the new Broadcom driver, or install Tomato.

One can verify this problem is common to both oem and dd-wrt firmware. I am unable to commit on the tomato firmware but have only seen your feedback.

Many people on this board, have documented the signal dropping issue. Some have claimed it to drop a couple times an hour and some every hour or so.

I have also had some issues but not enough to scrap the router, however my efforts IMHO have been an improvement, at least for me.

I have included a s.s of just under 4 hr with no signal drop and will leave inSSIDR 2.0 running to validate a longer span of time.

IMHO the 1000ma power supply and the two ceramic caps in parallel serve to send really clean power to the router by reducing the noise and unwanted esr in the supply voltage.

Just under 4 hr[img][/img]

The S.S is for the 40mhz band in my area. By the way inSSIDR produces a huge log file! in short period of time.

wrt160nv3-cfe51_uptime-4hr.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  333.55 KB
 Viewed:  15693 Time(s)

wrt160nv3-cfe51_uptime-4hr.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
thomas that screenshot only shows 5 minutes of snapshot. See if you can get a pre-2.0 version of inSSIDer, as it tends to cram in more time.. 2 hours or so if I recall correctly.
techuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone know if 16214 mega has loopback fix applied and any disconnection issues that anyone encountered and should I keep it at this level ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you had checked the 16214 build thread and read the loopback fix thread you would already know that answer.
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
9 hrs 3 min no drop or reset. I am pleased with the results.

Cheers Thomas

The randomness acts like a overheated or overclocked cpu.

[img][/img][/url]

The previous pics shows 4 hr plus - start 8pm end 12am

wrt160nv3-cfe51_uptime-9hr.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  285.93 KB
 Viewed:  15653 Time(s)

wrt160nv3-cfe51_uptime-9hr.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
No it doesn't. It shows 12:12 to ~12:17 in the Time Graph. First Seen and Last Seen don't count for uptime since even if it drops and comes back the Last Seen will continue to update once it's back.

Your latest pic shows ~7:35 to 7:40. Again, get the old inSSIDer (before 2.0) if you can, since it crams about 2 hours or so into the Time Graph IIRC and would be better to evaluate the drops.

Also, please resize your pics so that they don't oversize the forum table.
techuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
osmosis wrote:
If you had checked the 16214 build thread and read the loopback fix thread you would already know that answer.

and yes I didnt and thats why I asked here.

simple 'yes' or 'no' reply would have been better. It was a simple question.

what is it called *oversmartness* or simply agitated? Dont know why people here are agitated towards new forum members. Not welcoming really.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
No. The loopback fix is currently manual. As mentioned in the build thread, the loopback thread and this thread in the first post. Happy?

I'm not being a smartass. The reason for this perceived backlash is these 'new people' expecting to not to have to read anything, even when they have explicitly been directed to; there is perfectly good information EVERYWHERE that they are ignoring.

Last edited by on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:54; edited 1 time in total
techuser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
The reason I asked was if I should go back to 15962/3 which is what is mostly recommended and if that does not have any issues rather than stay with 16214. Dont want newer unknow/untested problems and would like to stick with the version that most are using.
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am chastened!

Sorry I see what you are looking at - I am unsure of why the time graph does not reflect the same as the first and last.

Why is the first and last not sufficient for validation? Is this not the first time inSSID sees the signal and the last time that reference was updated?
thomas007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
techuser wrote:
Does anyone know if 16214 mega has loop back fix applied and any disconnection issues that anyone encountered and should I keep it at this level ?

I think there is a sticky regarding the manual loop back fix. Phuzion posted the first fix then Frater posted a different approach.

I am using std-nokaid-small - build 15962 which is stable for me. I did revert back to this build after having issues with more recent ones. If you check the original thread on the last few pages you can see Ducanhoe post with his signature of current version. He was pretty steady at only keeping stable builds and not the most recent.

Hope this helps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: