Suggested build for Cisco Linksys e4200?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Sony Lover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:00    Post subject: Suggested build for Cisco Linksys e4200? Reply with quote
I failed to fix wireless rate dropping problem so i decided to update my firmware

Can anyone suggest me a steady build for my e4200?

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.08 KB
 Viewed:  6468 Time(s)

image.jpg

Sponsor
Fd073
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just updated my e4200 to kong's firmware build 22000++ and it looks like a good release. Please note that kong's build numbers night not match BS release number.
You can download it from http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K26/
As a reference in configuration I used this post from Steve Jenkins http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2013/01/my-cisco-linksys-e4200-dd-wrt-settings-for-max-speed/ although I'm using the e4200 just as an AP.

I think that all of this info can also be found in this forum (that is always worth reading), but dummies like me often feel lost in the middle of too many informations Smile

Hope this will help,

Regards,

fD
Fd073
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I forgot to say that in my personal experience rising the output power does not help as you might think. I found best performance setting 2.4Ghz output power to 30mw and 5Ghz to 38mw, but this can highly change depending on you phisycal environment.

Cheers,

fD
Sony Lover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fd073 wrote:
I forgot to say that in my personal experience rising the output power does not help as you might think. I found best performance setting 2.4Ghz output power to 30mw and 5Ghz to 38mw, but this can highly change depending on you phisycal environment.

Cheers,

fD

Thank you for your kindness Very Happy
I appreciate it

I just restored settings to factory default that didn't work either
Guess i should try to update the router and still if it doesn't work, i might buy a new one

Thank you again
phinn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interestingly I have a backup E4200 that I was looking for a good build of DD-WRT for, thanks for the tip on the 22000++, gonna give this a shot Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: