Best Linksys?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
blfesper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 17:11    Post subject: E2000 radios Reply with quote
Hi,

I recently bought an E2000 from a friend as I wanted to upgrade to 802.11N from my WRT54G.

I have not yet put DD-WRT on the router.
As I have a mixture of G and N devices on my network, I would love to have both 2.4 and 5 GHz running.
Does the DD-WRT build enable the choosing of both frequency ranges, or is this simply a hardware limitation? (I noticed that someone mentioned it only had one radio)

It's not a huge deal, as I only paid half retail for a NIB router, but was curious so I'd have no surprises when I get a chance to kill the network for a bit. :-)

Thanks!
Sponsor
Zelda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:
bmupton wrote:
speedy71471 wrote:
You can try an E2000, it only has one radio but I get the impression that's not an issue?

YES! I just picked up an E2000 and so far I am very happy with it. It was $98 with tax at my local shop. It also supports the mega build of dd-wrt due to it's 8MB flash, in case you want all those features.

You'll be alot more happier if you underclock the BCM4717 CPU to Broadcoms specification. Linksys O/C's them from the factory and it causes alot of issues.

open up a shell or enter this into the box under Administration->Commands:

code]nvram set clk freq=300,150
nvram commit && reboot
[/code]

Will this work for a modded WRT320Nv1 --> E2000V1 since the chips are BCM4716?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zelda wrote:
Masterman wrote:
bmupton wrote:
speedy71471 wrote:
You can try an E2000, it only has one radio but I get the impression that's not an issue?

YES! I just picked up an E2000 and so far I am very happy with it. It was $98 with tax at my local shop. It also supports the mega build of dd-wrt due to it's 8MB flash, in case you want all those features.

You'll be alot more happier if you underclock the BCM4717 CPU to Broadcoms specification. Linksys O/C's them from the factory and it causes alot of issues.

open up a shell or enter this into the box under Administration->Commands:

code]nvram set clk freq=300,150
nvram commit && reboot
[/code]

Will this work for a modded WRT320Nv1 --> E2000V1 since the chips are BCM4716?

Yes, works the same on both units.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: