Setup router as AP - two SSIDs, separate VLANS

agreenbhm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 19:38    Post subject: Setup router as AP - two SSIDs, separate VLANS Reply with quote
I am setting up a DD-WRT device at work to allow employees and clients access to our network. Currently, we have an access point hooked up to our switch. Any untagged traffic (which is all of it) is put on VLAN 12 (the wireless VLAN). What I'm trying to do is set up the DD-WRT device so that wl0 is untagged (and thus is placed on VLAN 12) and wl0.1 IS tagged for VLAN 13. I have a router doing the routing between VLANS, so I don't need DD-WRT to do that for me. I got to a point where VLAN 13 was working (but VLAN 12 was not). Then I reset the device (after backing up) to defaults to get a fresh starting point. Any help would be appreciated.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just tag VLAN 12 on the trunk port too instead of trying to use a default VLAN.
agreenbhm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess my real question is how to I tag the wl0.1 traffic and the wl0 traffic separately via the gui?
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
See the multiple WLAN guide on the wiki for info how to separate them into different bridges. On the VLAN page enable tagging on a port, check both VLAN's, and then move then bridge the VLAN with the WLAN.
agreenbhm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the input. My solution was (what I think you said), which was to create a secondary wireless network, then create two bridges (br1 & br2), then add vlan 12 and eth1 to br1 and add vlan 13 and wl0.1 to br2. On the Vlan page, I added vlan 12 and 13 to the WAN port and used that as my uplink.

I was having issues with being able to access my device after making said change, and I was never prompted to assign the bridge an IP, so I went down to the bottom of the networking page and selected "unbridged", assigned an IP, and disabled masquereade/nat.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
agreenbhm wrote:
I was having issues with being able to access my device after making said change, and I was never prompted to assign the bridge an IP, so I went down to the bottom of the networking page and selected "unbridged", assigned an IP, and disabled masquereade/nat.

Yeah, that is explained in the bug ticket mentioned at the start of the guide. It only affects very recent builds and I tried to get it patched but BS reverted it so we're probably going to be stuck with the idiotic behavior of "unbridging" a bridge to enter it's IP info after having to refresh the page to even have it show up...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: