Download Limit/Control on DD-WRT - Can it be done?

VitaminBeer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 13:04    Post subject: Download Limit/Control on DD-WRT - Can it be done? Reply with quote
Hello,
Firstly I apologise if this has been brought up before, I have been looking on the forums for an answer and am not sure what the term or definition of what I am trying to find is called.
Basically what I want to do is this:

I have a adsl connection that i want to share amoungst 2 people and they both pay half the bill for the connection. We are both entitled to half the download, 50gb each, and after 100gb is used up the speed of the connection drops to modem speeds.
So what I was wondering if dd-wrt could do is control how much certain ip addresses can download for any given month and then limit the speed after the quota has been reached and then reset itself again for the next month.
I believe this would be some kind of advanced management on a router, anyone have any ideas???

Much help appreciated,

Brady,
Sponsor
SecurityFreak
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 14:49    Post subject: Re: Download Limit/Control on DD-WRT - Can it be done? Reply with quote
I don t think that the feature you want is available for free.
And the only SOHO routers to have such are some Edimax branded.
My Edimax 6315 SRG had this but with a limited number of QOS rules 15.
VitaminBeer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for getting back to me.

I would be more than happy to pay for it, looking at the DD-WRT shop even the most expensive one is not too bad, it is something I'd be willing to lean towards, but the problem is I don't know what I am looking for, whether the service on the router I want has a name or not, or is it just QoS with specific rules?

I don't have a router capable of DD-WRT either, but that is easy enough to get a hold of also, wanted to find out if DD-WRT could actually do what I wanted it to before I shelled out for a router that has the capability to run it.

Cheers,
gatorback
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also interested in this functionality. Maybe a senior member or Brainslayer will comment here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: