Need to pick a router with an ATA built in /support ddwrt2

JOMOFO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 14:58    Post subject: Need to pick a router with an ATA built in /support ddwrt2 Reply with quote
I live in canada and want to find a router that will let me take my info from freephoneline.c and put it into a router that outputs an ata (analog telephone adaptor). also the router will have to be configured with a file that is bought from the phonecompany, the file is just config and user/pass stuff, anyone who has done this would know what i am talking about. i know that it is not called a router with ata built in, but with so many variations of voip thats what i'll call it for now. i have seen many routers that sound promising but does someone have one they recomend, that is newer model and not too chump(ie: low ram, small flash) also does not have to be crazy i dont have anything that even runs 1000mb network.

My other choice is to get the ATA from the phone company pre configured for $50CAD, and get a new router not based on this need of built in ATA.

i currently use a wrt54g-rg and wish to turn it into my wireless ethernet bridge, and get a better router then that to replace it as my main. so i hope i provided enough info on my set up, please suggest a router to use and briefly why it would be good.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: