I configured my router as a repeater and it works, but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
dja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 16:42    Post subject: I configured my router as a repeater and it works, but... Reply with quote
Sorry for not finishing the title because there wasnt enough space.

Anyway Hi everyone. I decided to register to ask the following question.

Devices keep losing connection to the repeater which sits the closest to the devices im using in the room. The devices connect to it at first, but then they connect back to the one in the primary router. How do I fix it that they do connect to the closest router?

Some extra information. The repeater has an ip adress of 192.168.2.1

I decided to do this when 192.168.1.1 didnt make my devices connect when starting up. Changing it to 192.168.2.1 fixed the issue of me having to turn off, and on my repeater for the devices to recognize it.

Is there something specific that makes some of my devices prioritize the primary router?

PS: excuse some of my english
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your devices choose. Not the router. Unless you have it set up wrong with different ssids. Please post in the proper forum for any additional help, and provide proper information. See the first post in this forum.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
dja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the issue. The router seems to stop sending or giving wireless signals to the devices. Hence the devices decide to connect to the primary router.

Would anyone know why the router stops giving signals? The router I have is

TP-Link TL-WR841ND v9

The router doesnt shut down. It is still on. It just stops sending wireless signal for some strange reason

Edit: It could also mean it stops receiving any signals from the primary router which causes it to stop sending it. Any idea?

Edit: I've tried a lot of setting changes. I'm really not sure if this is a hardware or software setting issue.
dja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know.. I think I found the solution by setting channel width to dynamic 20/40

It's as if my router couldnt handle all the 4 devices at once.

Ill be giving update on the status after a couple of hours. This could come in handy for others in the future perhaps.
dja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Everything's fixed

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: