An open letter to SASH!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Author Message
Oliverda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 13:50    Post subject: An open letter to SASH! Reply with quote
Prologue

Back in last year's December I opened a topic for TP-Link TL-WR710N support. After some discussion I decided to donate a brand new device to DD-WRT to get support. Because the Devices to be ported topic is/was managed by Sash I contacted him about my intention. The device was delivered to DD-WRT's address around mid February. Sash got the device and started to work on it. I was waiting for weeks but nothing happened. Finally he tried to create a firmware in May without a success. After that I contacted him in a massage and he said the following:

Quote:
there is nothing more i can do.

the rest is in brainslayers hands..but its often (not every time) very slow. there are still devices to be ported from 2 years ago.

u have to wait...

sash


I was patient and waiting for some more weeks, months. Finally I asked brainslayer about the status of the support. He said that he doesn't know anything about the device, never heard about it and never seen it. After that I sent Sash messages and email to his DD-WRT address but he just hasn't read or replied any of them but he posted comments on the forum, so he was active several times since then. Sad


Dear Sash,

Please return the TP-Link TL-WR710N to DD-WRT office or pass it straight to brainslayer as soon as you can. I donated it to DD-WRT community and not to you. We have been waiting for the support for months, which is actually only depends on you now.

Thank you

Oliver
Sponsor
Oliverda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll keep this topic up in the front until Sash contacts me somehow.
danymarc
DD-WRT User


Joined: 04 Nov 2012
Posts: 385
Location: Acapulco, Mexico

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oliverda wrote:
I'll keep this topic up in the front until Sash contacts me somehow.

@oliverda
sincerely I understand your position, but at the end you wanted a 710 ported, OpenWrt Trunk has it from time, and now OpenWrt/barrier_breaker/14.07 has it too.
e.g. you get it back, transportation will be at your expense, here in Mexico from city to city minimum DHL 30 dollars thats the price of a new 710 get a new one and enjoy your new 710.
Worrying and complaining changes nothing and pain is part of growing
regards

_________________
TP-Link: TL-WR741ND V4
Oliverda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
danymarc wrote:
Oliverda wrote:
I'll keep this topic up in the front until Sash contacts me somehow.

@oliverda
sincerely I understand your position, but at the end you wanted a 710 ported, OpenWrt Trunk has it from time, and now OpenWrt/barrier_breaker/14.07 has it too.
e.g. you get it back, transportation will be at your expense, here in Mexico from city to city minimum DHL 30 dollars thats the price of a new 710 get a new one and enjoy your new 710.
Worrying and complaining changes nothing and pain is part of growing
regards


You didn't get it. I don't want to get the device back. I want Sash to hand it over to Brainslayer who can create the firmware. If you take a look at the topic you can see that not I'm the only on who is waiting for a firmware for this particular device. Anyway, far as I know they live in the same county, but what is sure that they both live in Germany.
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User


Joined: 24 May 2012
Posts: 194

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ha ha! It's being held for ransom in Mexico!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Oliverda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
MongooseProXC wrote:
Ha ha! It's being held for ransom in Mexico!! Laughing Laughing Laughing


Let's hope not.Smile
Oliverda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still nothing
Oliverda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
up Confused
objecttothis
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree that this is annoying. It's not so much the waiting but the lack of communication on this. I realise that this situation doesn't reflect the whole of how things are run, but the DD-WRT team does need to understand that if they make a habit of losing devices or not getting them to the right people then folks are going to stop donating devices and the popularity of DD-WRT will diminish since the number of devices they will support drops.

I'm not saying that everything needs to be dropped for every donation that comes in but at least give the guy an answer.
Oliverda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
objecttothis wrote:
I agree that this is annoying. It's not so much the waiting but the lack of communication on this. I realise that this situation doesn't reflect the whole of how things are run, but the DD-WRT team does need to understand that if they make a habit of losing devices or not getting them to the right people then folks are going to stop donating devices and the popularity of DD-WRT will diminish since the number of devices they will support drops.

I'm not saying that everything needs to be dropped for every donation that comes in but at least give the guy an answer.


It is annoying. I feel that my efforts were totally useless and the money was wasted.Crying or Very sad
Oliverda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
up Confused
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Jan 2014
Posts: 726

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I say try to get over it. There are better communities out there, you know...
_________________
[Atheros] Netgear WNDR3800 ---> DD-WRT 26446 [k3.10.71-rc1]
[ Ralink ] D-Link DIR-615 D2 ----> DD-WRT 26490 [k3.2.68]
DD-WRT FIRMWARES: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/
DD-WRT CHANGELOG: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279466
x0a
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Jan 2015
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. Build a reputation in the forums
2. Make people think you're part of the dev team.
3. Say you need router donations to add support.
4. ????
5. Profit!

Easy cash. Pretty smart if you ask me!

Quote:
the rest is in brainslayers hands..but its often (not every time) very slow. there are still devices to be ported from 2 years ago.


Damn he's good! I would've probably fallen for this line of bs too. Designed to keep you off his a** for two whole years!

Sorry about your loss.

Makes me wonder how many times this has happened & gone unreported. Not everyone has the persistence/balls to keep track of their router.

Good luck, hope you get justice.
Oliverda
DD-WRT User


Joined: 28 Oct 2010
Posts: 77
Location: Hungary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
x0a wrote:

Sorry about your loss.

Makes me wonder how many times this has happened & gone unreported. Not everyone has the persistence/balls to keep track of their router.

Good luck, hope you get justice.


Thanks for the sympathy!

We're working to get a new unit for Brainslayer. Hopefully it's gonna happen soon.
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum