Different versions of the Edimax BR-6574n?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
ShadyCRS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:13    Post subject: Different versions of the Edimax BR-6574n? Reply with quote
Hi, I consider myself a rather knowledgable person when it comes to normal handling of hardware.

I am however a bit baffled with the difficulty in flashing different versions of the BR-6574n.

Since trying to fix it up with DD WRT, I have been successful with about 4 routers, 1 bricked (that was strange before going to DD WRT), and 2 which is impossible to upgrade it seems.

The last two are datecoded 0813.
I can not flash ANY version of DD WRT thru web OR TFTP.
As stated, these immediately reboots after the flashimage has been put, and comes up with org-firmware after reboot.

Tried TFTP from OFW 1.76 to OFW 1.75 and then back up again with no issues.

Is there any other things I should look after?
I have no serial connection set up, but it seems to me a crc check or something fails for these older versions when tftp'ed in.

Suggestions?

PS! I also have issues with PPPoE on the 2010-03-17 fw
Sponsor
charlievarley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
ShadyCRS i am in the same boat, flashed no end of Linksys routers for family and friends, I even have a trusty old WRT54GS running tomato 1.28 flawlessly but wanted to jump to gigabit lan... along came the BR-6574N and I have failed, bricked, re-flashed this with every version of the OEM f/w but failed with DD-WRT.

frustrating to say, I have tried the flash with multiple tftp client / server setups, windows 7 , windows xp, Linux and Mac OSX all send the files but the OEM f/w remains on reboot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: