New Linksys Router Models (E1200; E1500; E2500; E3200)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
dothedew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 20:23    Post subject: Linksys E2500 Reply with quote
Did anyone determine if the E2500 Lan ports are Gigabit or not. Literature is conflicting and Office Depot is advertising it as Gigabit.
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 20:33    Post subject: Re: Linksys E2500 Reply with quote
dothedew wrote:
Did anyone determine if the E2500 Lan ports are Gigabit or not. Literature is conflicting and Office Depot is advertising it as Gigabit.

the 2500 does NOT have gigabit lan ports.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 20:38    Post subject: Re: Linksys E2500 Reply with quote
the CFE has been dumped for the E2500, so now its up to the devs Smile

I can confirm that it does not have gig-E lan ports or does it have USB.

if you want those features, E3200/E4200

Fractal

barryware wrote:
dothedew wrote:

the 2500 does NOT have gigabit lan ports.
daveM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:50    Post subject: Re: Timeline Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
rosenhauer wrote:
Have a client that just got the e1200 any idea of timeline on a release for it. The 8 sites you get to block with the default firmware aren't enough for him.

Not sure if he should return it and get an older one if he still can.

When someone provides the required info for Eko to add support for it, particularly its CFE, and then tests it, or when people donate one to Eko.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_detection

If they can't wait an indefinite time then they should get a device that is already supported.

let me know if you need this device donated and how i can go about doing it.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 23:32    Post subject: Re: Timeline Reply with quote
daveM wrote:
let me know if you need this device donated and how i can go about doing it.

To donate directly to Eko see his signature and it's wise to tell what the donation is intended for in your paypal note. In some cases the model may not be available in the EU and then he'll have to send the money to someone else and get it shipped over.

Quote:
Paypal & Amazon.com gift cards are welcome. Every $ or € counts. Email: donate at dd-wrt dot si

You can also get all the info, particularly the serial boot log and CFE dump, that is outlined on the Broadcom detection page. If it's a tough device to port (new chips or protections against 3rd party firmwares) then they may need the device in their hands to be able to test with.

You can also donate hardware/money to NewMedia-NET but for getting a Broadcom device supported this is usually the worst route. It's better to donate to Eko since he does most of the Broadcom work.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations

barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
In another thread, a member said he was sending a 2500 to Eko.. Dunno if that actually happened. The devs can always use cash though. Eko may have the router. Might wanna ask. member Fractal has dumped the cfe and provided a boot log.

The information I have points to the 2500 having a usb radio like the 3200. If they get the radio driver figured out for either one, maybe the other router port can be completed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi! I've been following this thread (I bought the E2500) and so I'm excited things are progressing!

@phuzi0n, I'm pretty new to dd-wrt and in your sig you said to not trust the Dev DB and use the forum recommended builds. Would this page be a good place to check in for a forum recommended build for the E2500?

Thanks!
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
joe_coolish wrote:
@phuzi0n, I'm pretty new to dd-wrt and in your sig you said to not trust the Dev DB and use the forum recommended builds. Would this page be a good place to check in for a forum recommended build for the E2500?

Recommended builds are builds that have been tested to be stable across the wide range of devices. When a model first gets supported it won't have a recommended build, it will have test builds. There will be a thread dedicated to the model and you will need to review the feedback and decide for yourself whether to flash a particular test build or not.

joe_coolish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
joe_coolish wrote:

Recommended builds are builds that have been tested to be stable across the wide range of devices. When a model first gets supported it won't have a recommended build, it will have test builds. There will be a thread dedicated to the model and you will need to review the feedback and decide for yourself whether to flash a particular test build or not.

Thank you! I will look for that thread Smile
krisleslie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 20:30    Post subject: Donation Reply with quote
I have a spare E1200 I could donate for the better of the group.
Goldir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have never done any JTAGing or other such arcana and am just recently getting into the hardware modding scene. That being said, I DO have a soldering iron, an E1200 that I have no use for without DD-WRT, some time to kill this weekend, and basic experience with PuTTY and Telnet and other such applications.

Any chance that someone could give me some hints as to where on the board I should start looking to begin my quest for more knowledge?

I have been mostly using these images for basic reference, although I could always just bust out ye olde tool kit and take a personal peek inside the one at my house.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/31478-new-to-the-charts-cisco-linksys-e1200-wireless-n-router

If, on the unlikely chance I accomplish something other than creating a really expensive serving tray for my wife's Scentsy parties, could someone post procedures for what they need me to do to get the CFE/nvram/dumpfiles or point me to where I can get them?

Edit: I put the wrong link in there. I personally suspect those 5 points all in a row on the left hand side of the image are probably either JTAG or Serial, but then again I may be (and probably am!) wrong.

Update: After some research here in the forums and on the interwebs in general, I am ill-equipped to play with JTAG at this time, but chances look promising for a serial interface instead.

I have loads of serial and parallel cables laying around, as well as a rollover cable or two, but the exact item that it looks like I need is a RS-232 to TTL cable.

That is a tougher nut to crack in my neighborhood, being that the only real electronics shop is a radio shack whose employees are more interested in playing slap and tickle with each other than they are with the wonderful world of electronics. I will let everyone know if I manage to make any progress other than turning my pretty new router into smoking silicon goo.
bushmlev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone know if/when we can expect to see a build for the E2500? Looks like it's been forgotten about. I mistakenly purchased it thinking it was supported... Curious as to whether or not I should return it.
cipgnet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 22:20    Post subject: Linksys E1500 Reply with quote
I have a Linksys E1500 device V1.0.
I fount this info on wikipedia about the router:

Broadcom BCM5357 @ 300 MHz CPU
32 MB RAM
8 MB Flash
2.4 GHz 2x3 Radio
FCC ID: Q87-E1500

Can anybuddy tell me if this router will be supported by dd-wrt? The oficial firmware have problems with DHCP server and SPI firewall.
ed_w
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 22:46    Post subject: Any help needed with an E1200(v1) Reply with quote
House sitting for a month and have a E1200v1 (they've got v2's now I think) that's driving me nuts here. Unfortunately, it's not actually mine so I can't make a JTAP cable and get you a CFE dump. If there is anything else I can do on someone else's hardware (i.e. anything where max damage is reloading firmware), let me know.

I realize there are sometimes no guarantees, but if it's likely that it won't kill it beyond recovery (or rather recovery by my level of proficiency), I'll give it a shot. In the unlikely event that it does wind up bricked, I can always pick up another one and send this one to a dev for tinkering.

Hope this helps.
ed_w
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:45    Post subject: Port 51000 Reply with quote
For S's and giggles, ran a full port scan on the e1200 internally. For some reason it's accepting connections on port 51000. This is the case even though there's no forwarding, triggering, and UPnP is disabled.

So poking around a bit more, apparently it's serving an alternate http connection.

(See BadReq.jpg)

Tried to feed it one of the normal setup URLs for the stock firmwarre, but didn't like that either. Not sure if this is helpful.

(See telnet.jpg)

BadReq.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.85 KB
 Viewed:  22182 Time(s)

BadReq.jpg

telnet.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.35 KB
 Viewed:  22182 Time(s)

telnet.jpg

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: