Help with optimization of network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
GH0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 23:10    Post subject: Help with optimization of network Reply with quote
I am currently looking at optimizing the internal (and outgoing) aspects of my network. While I do use QoS, I only use it for MAC Priority, which after reading the QoS wiki, doesn’t actually do anything if the traffic is incoming or going to that MAC address, only if it is coming from the MAC Address.
After fiddling with it for long enough, I am not sure I am actually doing anything correct.

At one point, I had it setup solely for MAC Addresses with LAN&WLAN however after looking at the

cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack

It didn’t seem that anything was being applied:

http://pastebin.com/jyJeZxMK

Since then, I started messing around with it more and more eventually until I gave up, and just disabled QoS for now.

I would just like some recommendations on how or what I should to do help prioritize, as well as make the network more organized and more efficient.

Current network layout

Router 2 acts as a switch and guest wireless access point.

There are any amount of wireless devices in the main network, they come and go depending on who is here. Same goes for the Guest Network.

What I need is some more guided ability with QoS, as it doesn't look like it is working, should I setup the network with vlans, or any other internal structure, etc.

I would primarily like the Airrave to have the highest priority as it isn't used very frequently and since it serves as our cell phone tower it would be best. Server/PC1, Server/PC2 to have higher priority over the rest of the devices for all traffic.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: