Connections Timing out, need help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
erocks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:59    Post subject: Connections Timing out, need help! Reply with quote
e3000 build 16785 (just flashed from 15962)

Connections intermittently timing out. Every 5-10 minutes while I'm browsing/chat client/downloading newsbin/gaming, connections will time out and terminate. Then it comes back full speed only to time out and terminate again. Why?

During the slowdown period the web gui functions perfectly. I'm no expert in configuring my networking, but I've read everything here and I can't identify the underlying issue.

To make things even weirder-- I had this problem initially when I purchased the router but it went away so I didn't return it. Fastforward 8 months or so to yesterday. I got a new desk and unplugged the router to move things. Since plugging back in this problem has resurfaced.

I've done everything mentioned here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown
However I don't think I'm showing all the symptoms of a router slowdown, and I'm never going over 250 connections when the mass timeouts occur.

In the last hour I've also flashed to 16785 hoping to resolve this issue, but I'm still getting the timeouts. I know there must be a few possibilities, can anyone help me figure out what's going on?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Sponsor
erocks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90510&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

if anyone is experiencing something similar, the solution in the pasted thread just solved my problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: