New Netgear n750 (WNDR4000) - Pics inside -test build page 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Zhent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great, thanks for at least allaying my fears regarding the build I'm on! Smile

What other information could be useful to troubleshoot my wireless problem? I'm not sure what else would help - it is currently set to AP mode, BG-Mixed, Channel 6, Enable Broadcast SSID, 2000M ACK, bridged network connection. The 5.0 radio is disabled.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zhent wrote:
Great, thanks for at least allaying my fears regarding the build I'm on! Smile

What other information could be useful to troubleshoot my wireless problem? I'm not sure what else would help - it is currently set to AP mode, BG-Mixed, Channel 6, Enable Broadcast SSID, 2000M ACK, bridged network connection. The 5.0 radio is disabled.

Perhaps a screen shot of what you see when doing a site survey, this way i can see what all is being used around and about how close they are to you.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Zhent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
It changes pretty drastically every time I refresh the page, so here is a couple versions:

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only channel i see that you could use without much problems is channel 1.

The other 2 good selections are being used to close to you, which is 6 and 11. Perioprobe is to close to you, like almost inside your house, and they are using channel 6, so thats no good. And you have 2 people using channel 11, also very close to you, so thats no good. So i'd try channel 1 and see what happens with that, because its the only channel i see that you could use without overlapping or blocking someone else.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Flash619
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 17:55    Post subject: Issues with WAN + settings. Reply with quote
I seem to have some sort of an issue. I'm currently running "dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k" Just flashed it over today.

For some reason, whenever I change any setting, of any kind, anywhere in the firmware, it completely drops internet connectivity with my cable modem. I would setup a ping www.google.com -t and watch it. Then, lets say for example, go into wireless and enable security on any one of the wireless AP's. Suddenly the google ping will drops completely, and never come back.

So far the only ways I have found the resolve this problem are either 1, factory reset "doesn't always work, or 2, rebooting the router "doesn't always work" or finally if I can't get it any other way, I do a 30/30/30 reset which seems to make it work.

But I dare not even login to the firmware because last time it dropped me was just for opening the drop down list and selecting WPA 2 Personal.

I'm not entirely sure what the issue is,

The router is a Netgear WNDR4000

I followed a tutorial here:
http://clevarme.blogspot.com/2011/12/getting-dd-wrt-on-netgear-n750-wndr4000.html

I don't really have a clue what to do from here. Any ideas?

Edit for more details.

The WAN DOES get an IP. It also has one after setting changes.

I can ping the router the entire time "except for reboots."

My PC is setup statically to the router.

My modems IP is 192.168.100.1
My routers IP is 192.168.1.1
My PC's IP is 192.156.1.5

I have changed no settings in the firmware. ..I really can't without loosing internet.

EDIT... again

So It apears that it likes to switch off the WAN port whenever I change anything with wireless. It doesn't seem to happen with other certain settings such as the routers IP settings. But anything involving wireless turns off the WAN port for good it seems.

I was able to turn it back on again, I don't know how. I went under security, clicked hotspot, and the next thing I knew someone was messaging me in skype.

I attempted to re install the firmware but that doesn't work for some reason. I know it didn't because there was old settings still in place even though I told it to reset.

EDIt, this just In, I'm changing wireless settings and still have internet. I didn't change anything, its just working for some off reason. I intend to see how long it keeps working on its own now. The only settings I changed in this whole thing "besides wireless channels" Was the routers gateway, and dns, and I set them to the modem. Not sure if thats right, but it works.
TedBPhx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 22:26    Post subject: Re: Can't change 5GHZ N-Only Channel off AUTO Reply with quote
TedBPhx wrote:
Wndr4000 sp2 K26 r18777 big
Network PC, iPad, wired ->printer, switch, tv, AVR
wl1 5GHZ is set to N-only wpa2 aes

When my wireless telephone w/base is used I lose the wireless connection on the iPad.

Ah ha! Channel conflict. Status page shows auto channel is 151. But the wireless setup page won't let me change it off auto. The channel list shows up in the drop down but as soon as I hit Apply or Save it reverts to AUTO and stays on 151.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Ted

Found it!
First set the channel width and choose upper or lower
Hit Apply
Then pick a channel
Apply and Save
Zhent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

The only channel i see that you could use without much problems is channel 1.

The other 2 good selections are being used to close to you, which is 6 and 11. Perioprobe is to close to you, like almost inside your house, and they are using channel 6, so thats no good. And you have 2 people using channel 11, also very close to you, so thats no good. So i'd try channel 1 and see what happens with that, because its the only channel i see that you could use without overlapping or blocking someone else.

So I'm not sure the issue is entirely caused by the channel the router is running on. My laptop sits on my desk about 3 feet from the router and loses its connection somewhere between 18-36 hours after setting it up. There doesn't appear to be any reason on the router, and it still works for my desktop which is wired. If I change the channel, the wifi network will show up again and my devices will connect. Anything else I can try?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
3ft is to close, sometimes to close is no good, if you are that close, why not just use a wire?

o-l-a-v
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm considering to take the step converting to dd-wrt firmware for my wndr4000. Using it for surfing, downloading big stuff (Iso's etc) and, offcourse: Gaming:
Would you guys say the dd-wrt firmware is stable enough for this stuff? I'm not updating if I will encounter problems doing basic stuff like this.
TedBPhx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
o-l-a-v wrote:
I'm considering to take the step converting to dd-wrt firmware for my wndr4000. Using it for surfing, downloading big stuff (Iso's etc) and, offcourse: Gaming:
Would you guys say the dd-wrt firmware is stable enough for this stuff? I'm not updating if I will encounter problems doing basic stuff like this.

Look for my userid over the last couple of pages in this thread to see my experiences.

I say go for it! Be prepared to do some reading. I am on the big v24 build 18777 for this router and all in all am very happy with dd-wrt.
sbrickard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 20:31    Post subject: Nothing After Hard Reset Reply with quote
Hi -- Hoping someone can help me -- been using dd-wrt for years. I have a wrt54gs-v3, and until a lightning storm the other day a wrt160nv3 that had been working wonderfully. I purchased this router (WNDR4000) as a replacement specifically since it seemed that many had good results with this router.

In attempting to follow the instructions on the wiki for this device, I have found that after a hard (30/30/30) reset with stock firmware in step 3 (before flashing dd-wrt) that the router will not respond (to webapp or pings) to webapp or pings in step 4. I am connected via cable with a static ip as recommended and yes, I have read the peacock thread and done this many times on myself and friends' routers.

If I power the router down and back on, the stock web app responds fine after that, but at that point I am afraid to proceed, as I don't want to end up bricked.

Has anyone else had/seen this issue with recent stock firmware? I have read through the thread, but did not see anything similar. This is a brand new router purchased yesterday running stock firmware v1.0.0.88_9.1.77. Any input would be very helpful as I would like to get this bad boy up and going as soon as I can.
TedBPhx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
@sbrickard
Did not notice that specifically when I flashed from stock but I do remember something caused me to add a power on and off after each 30/30/30 reset.

This past weekend I confused dd-wrt by giving it conflicting settings so did a 30/30/30 to start over. It seemed to not restart correctly until I did a power on/off. Now all is well
sbrickard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
TedBPhx wrote:
@sbrickard
Did not notice that specifically when I flashed from stock but I do remember something caused me to add a power on and off after each 30/30/30 reset.

Thanks, I just noticed in 'clevarme's guide linked up the thread he mentioned that a recycle may be necessary after the 30-30-30 as well, so it looks like this might not be uncommon. Going to try one more 30/30/30 (I've already done it like 10 times Smile ) , cycle it, and go for it. Thanks.
themiz1554
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just so that everyone knows, just converted my stock WNDR4000-100NAS to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (build 19342) and it's working great!

2.4Ghz
NG-Mixed
Channel 11 + 9
Wide - 40MhZ
Upper Extension
2000m ACK
WPA2-AES
UPnP Enabled
TX Power 71
Short Preamble

5.0Ghz
NA-Mixed
Channel 161 + 159
Wide - 40MhZ
Upper Extension
2000m ACK
WPA2-AES
TX Power 71
Short Preamble

However, I did have one question, what is a safe TX power rate to keep this thing at? I have it at the default 71mW and the temperature of the router doesn't seem out of the ordinary. I've seen that some people have it at 125mW but then some people say that causes more noise, etc.

Any suggestions?

BTW: First post on here, going to try and get more into this. Also, already started working on an iOS app for this Razz I'll keep you guys posted
      TedBPhx
      DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
      I turned mine down to 60mw for security. Don't want the neighbors or someone parked in a car hitting my signal. Nor do I want to interfere with anyone else's wifi. Walked the yard with iPad in hand and set the signal to max needed but no more.
      Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 32
      Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: