New Netgear n750 (WNDR4000) - Pics inside -test build page 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
agosine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 19:20    Post subject: WPA2 over WDS Reply with quote
Can anyone using DD-WRT tell me if WDS supports WPA2? The netgear firmware only supports WEP or none.

Thank you very much.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 0:04    Post subject: Re: WPA2 over WDS Reply with quote
agosine wrote:
Can anyone using DD-WRT tell me if WDS supports WPA2? The netgear firmware only supports WEP or none.

Thank you very much.

Yes it uses WPA2, afaik it has to use WPA2 with AES per the wiki guide for WDS..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network#Setup.2FConfiguration_for_Broadcom_Based_Devices

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
agosine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 15:12    Post subject: Re: WPA2 over WDS Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
agosine wrote:

Thank you very much.

Yes it uses WPA2, afaik it has to use WPA2 with AES per the wiki guide for WDS..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network#Setup.2FConfiguration_for_Broadcom_Based_Devices

Thanks buddee. I read that wiki too, but it is good to have it confirmed.
brunnohersan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble when trying to upgrade from DD-WRT 06-08-12-r19342 to 07-20-12-r19519.
Already tried to upgrade using GUI, SSH and TFTP.
Also tried different browsers (FF and IE), cleaning cache and stuff.

Using GUI, sometimes it just says 'update failed' and sometimes it runs all the 300s and nothing happens.
Trough SSH I had no luck too, when I thought I had finally succeeded, the router booted up with no changes at all.
TFTP I was unable to get the right timing (using the ping trick) to put the new firmware.

Tried the above methods with the following files:
dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNDR4000.chk
and
dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k.bin

Thanks in advance.
Brunno
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
brunnohersan wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble when trying to upgrade from DD-WRT 06-08-12-r19342 to 07-20-12-r19519.

Using GUI, sometimes it just says 'update failed' and sometimes it runs all the 300s and nothing happens.
Trough SSH I had no luck too, when I thought I had finally succeeded, the router booted up with no changes at all.
TFTP I was unable to get the right timing (using the ping trick) to put the new firmware.

and

Thanks in advance.
Brunno

If you read into the build thread of 19519, as i have stated in the build thread, the BIG and mega k2.6 builds appear to have outgrown an 8meg flash, which is what this unit has. You'd probably have to use a std-usb-nas nv64k.bin to use with it for now.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
brunnohersan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
brunnohersan wrote:
Hey guys,

and

Thanks in advance.
Brunno

If you read into the build thread of 19519, as i have stated in the build thread, the BIG and mega k2.6 builds appear to have outgrown an 8meg flash, which is what this unit has. You'd probably have to use a std-usb-nas nv64k.bin to use with it for now.

Oh crap, I should've thought about this... Thanks anyway...
agosine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
brunnohersan wrote:
Hey guys,

and

Thanks in advance.
Brunno

Hey buddee. I do not see a std_usb_nas-nv64k.bin file. Only std_usb_nas-nv60k.bin and std_usb_nas.bin. Would I just use the std_usb_nas.bin?

Thanks,
Anil
cderring
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 17:27    Post subject: WNDR3700 or WNDR4000 or both Reply with quote
Greetings folks,
I currently own two Netgear routers (due to me being an ID10T and having a great boss). One is a WNDR3700 v1 which I thought I had completely bricked yesterday, and the other is a brand new WNDR4000 that was purchased to replace the 3700.
After reading some reviews about the 4000, it looks like it's only slightly better than the 3700 in most respects.
My question is, should I return the 4000 since I don't seem to have any "great" features that make it better that the 3700, or keep the 4000 and do something else with the old router?

Current environment and stuff:
2400 sq ft home with two stories (wireless coverage is great in all parts of the house with the 3700 and 4000)
WNDR3700 running DD-WRT v24sp1 (not connected to anything ATM)
WNDR4000 running Netgear firmware V1.0.0.90_9.1.79 (I'm kinda afraid to load the DD-WRT since that's how I semi-bricked the 3700)
ISP > WNDR4000 > wireless clients and 24 port GB switch > Cisco ASA (For work VPN) Work PC (two NIC's; one to ASA and the other to the "home" network)
I have four wired PC's, three laptops, five other wired network devices (DVR, Media/back server, etc)

I use the guest network on the Netgear to give my neighbor internet access, and if any one else wants to use my bandwidth I'm fine with that as long as they are isolated from my internal network.

I have not done it yet, but I want to setup QoS on the network to ensure my internal stuff has priority over the guest network.

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded post and any advice is appreciated.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
agosine wrote:

Hey buddee. I do not see a std_usb_nas-nv64k.bin file. Only std_usb_nas-nv60k.bin and std_usb_nas.bin. Would I just use the std_usb_nas.bin?

Thanks,
Anil

No, you can only use nv64k builds with this unit, so if there isn't a std_usb_nas-nv64k bin for this model, then you could only use the mini 64k. Most times, atleast with eko builds (which is what i mostly use on broadcom) i know, there is an nv64k bin for each flavor, with Brainslayer builds it appears that there is not.

buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 17:50    Post subject: Re: WNDR3700 or WNDR4000 or both Reply with quote
cderring wrote:

My question is, should I return the 4000 since I don't seem to have any "great" features that make it better that the 3700, or keep the 4000 and do something else with the old router?

IMHO if you can't decide, keep them both.

This is what i have learned about the WNDR3700, if its a v2 its great, because it has 16meg flash, if its a v1 its more limited because although it says 8meg flash, its more like 7.4 or 7.5 because of how netgear programmed their board with this unit (and most of their units). It uses part of the flash rom to store board infos on, that much about it i didn't like, because in dd-wrt - every bit of rom space matters for features included in its builds, so my v2 had more features (better QoS options and few other small services) than the v1 did simply because of the flash space available to it.

Also, consider that with the WNDR4000, it has a lifetime warranty under netgear, so thats a big plus for it. Yea i know, decisions..decisions Smile

rldev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 20:01    Post subject: Can't get guest network to work Reply with quote
I am on dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k. I am trying to setup a guest network. The config seems fine. I followed several tutorials, however it does not seem to broadcast the public network. None of my devices can see it even though it is set to broadcast.

I'm wondering if anyone has run into this.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 23:11    Post subject: Re: Can't get guest network to work Reply with quote
rldev wrote:
I am on dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k. I am trying to setup a guest network. The config seems fine. I followed several tutorials, however it does not seem to broadcast the public network. None of my devices can see it even though it is set to broadcast.

Which guide did you follow?

ink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:19    Post subject: Re: New Netgear n750 (WNDR4000) - Pics inside -test build pa Reply with quote
i have one

Last edited by ink on Thu Aug 16, 2012 15:40; edited 1 time in total
rldev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:24    Post subject: Re: Can't get guest network to work Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
rldev wrote:

I followed a guide on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Dpyin-99M

I can get the 5G guest network to show up, but not 2.4 guest network. However the 5G network can't obtain ip addresses for wireless clients.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 13:02    Post subject: Re: Can't get guest network to work Reply with quote
rldev wrote:
buddee wrote:
rldev wrote:

I followed a guide on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Dpyin-99M

I can get the 5G guest network to show up, but not 2.4 guest network. However the 5G network can't obtain ip addresses for wireless clients.

I would suggest following this guide, as the youtube one is dated now - which probably worked for the time it was published, and newer builds brought on different settings.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32, 33, 34  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 34
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: