New Netgear n750 (WNDR4000) - Pics inside -test build page 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Author Message
rldev
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 13:12    Post subject: Re: Can't get guest network to work Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
rldev wrote:
buddee wrote:
rldev wrote:
I am on dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k. I am trying to setup a guest network. The config seems fine. I followed several tutorials, however it does not seem to broadcast the public network. None of my devices can see it even though it is set to broadcast.

I'm wondering if anyone has run into this.


Which guide did you follow?

I followed a guide on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Dpyin-99M

I can get the 5G guest network to show up, but not 2.4 guest network. However the 5G network can't obtain ip addresses for wireless clients.


I would suggest following this guide, as the youtube one is dated now - which probably worked for the time it was published, and newer builds brought on different settings.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs


Thanks. I will give it a shot today.
Sponsor
gijs007
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 22 Jul 2012
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having quite some latency spikes for 10-20 seconds withdd wrt firmware DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/08/12) big - build 19342

The latency spikes seem to happen every ~7 minutes, I've tested my connection directly to my cable modem and didn't have any issues.

All the computers in the network where turned off except for the one I was using for testing.
rldev
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone have a link on how to go back to a factory firmware? I have to send mine back, it is too erratic. I tried the guide for the wndr3700, but that did not work for me as tftp would just disconnect.
To add to this, netgear firmware is a .chk file. I see no mention of .chk files in forums, but rather .img files.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7386
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
rldev wrote:
Does anyone have a link on how to go back to a factory firmware? I have to send mine back, it is too erratic. I tried the guide for the wndr3700, but that did not work for me as tftp would just disconnect.
To add to this, netgear firmware is a .chk file. I see no mention of .chk files in forums, but rather .img files.


It is the same method as you would use on a WNDR3300, cept you would use files for the WNDR4000:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3300#Reverting_.2F_recovery_tftp_mode

Also 6th post down i believe:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=255

I do however advise caution using this method (yes read close and follow it step by step), as mtd commands aren't always advised..

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Daddyfix
DD-WRT User


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:19    Post subject: WNDR4000 & E2500 - Client Bridge Reply with quote
Has anyone built a client bridge with two different routers?

I used to have a Linksys WRT310N and Linksys E2000 Client Bridge and it was extremely stable. Never dropped connection

Now I bought a new home router NetGear WNDR400 and bridging with Linksys E2000. The E2000 drops connection often.

Here are my details
NetGear WNDR4000 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/20/12) mini - build 19519
(dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv64k.bin)

Linksys E2000 - dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e2000.bin

Could it be because the WNDR4000 antenna strength hovers around 20%? Or is it because I am using an older Build on the E2000?

Any suggestions are welcome.
DennisCAAD9
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 Sep 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I see a new build in ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/broadcom_K26/

dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin

I presume since this is a nv64K build I can use it instead of the big-nv64K ?
Daddyfix
DD-WRT User


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
DennisCAAD9 wrote:
So I see a new build in ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/broadcom_K26/

dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin

I presume since this is a nv64K build I can use it instead of the big-nv64K ?


yes I think so. As Log as the firmware says NV64.. Only uses 64 MG Ram. Anything else I'm Told will brick your WNDR4000
hazzamon
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 01 Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried installing build 19519, but couldn't get it to stick.

Tried via webui, kept getting 'Update failed'.
Tried erasing linux via telnet & flashing TFTP - left with a flashing power light.

Tried big/mega/mini, in the end I flashed back to 18777.

On the bright side, before flash dnsmasq wouldn't work as a DHCP server, and that seems to be fixed now! Wink
timmywa
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
hazzamon wrote:
I tried installing build 19519, but couldn't get it to stick.

Tried via webui, kept getting 'Update failed'.
Tried erasing linux via telnet & flashing TFTP - left with a flashing power light.

Tried big/mega/mini, in the end I flashed back to 18777.

On the bright side, before flash dnsmasq wouldn't work as a DHCP server, and that seems to be fixed now! Wink


I think 19519 is just slightly too large to fit on our router. Go to the one just prior (19342) and it should be cool.
timmywa
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
What I really need is for someone to post their optimal wi-fi settings for both radios. Please be as detailed as possible. (and the ensuing debate and difference of opinions/results)

I'm borderline on switching back to stock. My 2.4 radio (wl0) is not performing up to snuff. I wasn't having any issues with stock, I just prefer DD-WRT.

Anyone do some thorough testing of different configurations??

Thanks in advance!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7386
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
timmywa wrote:
What I really need is for someone to post their optimal wi-fi settings for both radios. Please be as detailed as possible. (and the ensuing debate and difference of opinions/results)

I'm borderline on switching back to stock. My 2.4 radio (wl0) is not performing up to snuff. I wasn't having any issues with stock, I just prefer DD-WRT.

Anyone do some thorough testing of different configurations??

Thanks in advance!


IMO - Something you may want to consider is posting someone's settings of optimal wi-fi may not really help you much, it can be very different per environment - what may work good for me in my home, may not work good for you in your home, different interference factors can affect the end result.. just my opinion.

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
djyuran
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys!

I installed dd-wrt firmware for my Netgear WNDR4000 and noticed weird thing!

wl-1 radio signal is really weak. It can be obtained just in 0.5 meters with poor quality. Is it well-known bug?

Do you know how I can revert back to my origin firmware if I can't cope with this issue?
mywindow
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 21:30    Post subject: wl-1 not working right... Reply with quote
djyuran wrote:
Hi guys!

I installed dd-wrt firmware for my Netgear WNDR4000 and noticed weird thing!

wl-1 radio signal is really weak. It can be obtained just in 0.5 meters with poor quality. Is it well-known bug?

Do you know how I can revert back to my origin firmware if I can't cope with this issue?


I noticed the same thing while testing, after I disabled wl-0. I flashed the original Netgear .CHK file according to the instructions for the WNDR3300.
Instructions found here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3300#Reverting_.2F_recovery_tftp_mode

The above link will also mention settings for the 5GHz Radio. wl-1 is a 5GHz a/n at 40MHz ONLY. The default "mixed mode" or "2.5GHz" "b/g" will NOT work!

Remember with dd-wrt: Newer is not better and the distos are generic so just because you have a choice in a drop down box does not mean it will work.

I don't have a 5GHz wireless N card to test if the radio truly is bad? So I disabled wl-1
o-l-a-v
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone knows when next build will be released?
Planning to install dd-wrt, but waiting for one more "bugfix" Smile
mywindow
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
o-l-a-v wrote:
Anyone knows when next build will be released?
Planning to install dd-wrt, but waiting for one more "bugfix" Smile


Which bug are you talking about? I'm using build 19342 big with OTRW as a Wireless AP and print, scanner and media server with no issues with dd-wrt yet? Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32, 33, 34  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 22 of 34
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum