R7000 questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ScottChapman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 14:54    Post subject: R7000 questions... Reply with quote
So, I did a little test a couple of weeks ago and went 24760 (recommended on Tweaking4All). Things seemed ok.

What I really liked what DNSMasq.

But I wasn't sure if I was getting optimal wifi performance. There are just a ton of things one can tweak, and it is daunting to know if and where to start.

What I liked about stock was that generally it was setup fine by default. But of course stock didn't provide any way for me to visualize signal strength.

I figured I would wait until the builds stabilize. I am tracking the general rebooting issue that sounds like it has been around for a while.

But thought I would ask, do the OOB defaults for DD-WRT do a pretty good job of doing what the stock firmware does WRT wireless settings?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
mystykmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 15:12    Post subject: Re: R7000 questions... Reply with quote
ScottChapman wrote:
So, I did a little test a couple of weeks ago and went 24760 (recommended on Tweaking4All). Things seemed ok.

What I really liked what DNSMasq.

But I wasn't sure if I was getting optimal wifi performance. There are just a ton of things one can tweak, and it is daunting to know if and where to start.

What I liked about stock was that generally it was setup fine by default. But of course stock didn't provide any way for me to visualize signal strength.

I figured I would wait until the builds stabilize. I am tracking the general rebooting issue that sounds like it has been around for a while.

But thought I would ask, do the OOB defaults for DD-WRT do a pretty good job of doing what the stock firmware does WRT wireless settings?

Thanks in advance!

I'm using 25090 swimmingly. Some people are having issues with reboots, some are not. I am one of the lucky ones I guess who doesn't have that issue on my R7000. The OOB defaults for this seem just fine to me, but I don't get too complex with my setup.
ScottChapman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
It sounds like the reboot issues might be around WMM on 2.4, but not really sure. You just flashed and going fine with it? How long have you been running it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: