DD-WRT ON LA FONERA... IT'S TIME!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
dapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 15:05    Post subject: dd-wrt wiki page Reply with quote
I remember to everybody the wiki page created by Boom for La Fonera:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/La_Fonera :wink:

Razz Post here possible modification, bugs or wishes!!! 8)

dapa
Sponsor
dapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have read some info write from dragorn (builder of Kismet).

There is a beta version on Kismet HTML Client
http://svn.kismetwireless.net/code/branch/specialty-clients/
and dragorn said that in his project there is an Ajax project in future.

Perhaps it is possible to insert kismet inside dd-wrt!!! Razz

dapa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 21:34    Post subject: Bugs Reply with quote
-WPA-Enterprise doesn't seem to work.
-The maximum transfer speed seems to bei ~10mbit, can somebody get more out of his unit ?
-Creating a configuration where the network port belongs to the LAN doesn't seem to be possible.
dapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 15:49    Post subject: NEW VERSION!!! Reply with quote
Hi to everybody,
I have some BIG NEWS!!! Razz

Our BrainSlayer has released another version for La Fonera, exactly the 2006-1113_2. Cool

If you want to download it (and I know that you want! Twisted Evil ) click here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Fbeta+releases%2Ffonera+builds/

I hope to find as soon as possible the changelog to keep up to date You about the new functions! Wink

dapa

Last edited by dapa on Sat Jan 13, 2007 17:54; edited 1 time in total
User47
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 17:02    Post subject: upgrading dd-wrt Reply with quote
a question, once I flash fonera to dd-wrt, then if i want to upgrade dd-wrt with newer version, do I have to redo steps as described in wiki ?? or do i just use the dd-wrt's web based firmware upgrade
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 17:03    Post subject: Re: NEW VERSION!!! Reply with quote
dapa wrote:

Our BrainSlayer has released another version for La Fonera, exactly the 2006 - 0113. Cool

Please use 2006-1113_2 (gui bug fixed)
dapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unfortunately still it is not possible to make updatings through webinterface. However few miss! eh eheh eheh Laughing

dapa
User47
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
dapa wrote:
Unfortunately still it is not possible to make updatings through webinterface. However few miss! eh eheh eheh Laughing

dapa

the issue is since BS is releasing the bug fixes, (there will be more I am expecting in next few days) we will need to update to new versions.. it is kinda pain in a$$ to reload using 'fis create' .. I think it would stay on top of my wishlist for some time ..Smile
but again, kudos to BS and all the other people who made it possible.. (all the people who posted in original thread and worked hard to port openwrt to fonera) !!
dapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Beh I think that in the intentions of the developer, make an interface web is priority.
Probably BrainSlayer hasn't implemented the mtd write yet BUT he will do soon it. Razz

For the rest once taken the hand him flasha with a certain speed! : D

I believe once then understands the "trick" you flash with a certain speed! Cool Twisted Evil

Dapa
dapa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yesterday working a lot with the settings of La Fonera (not so much!) I have destroyed it...

Practically it refused in any way of start correctly and it resulted inaccessible both from wireless that wired Crying or Very sad

Then I have tried a recover from RedBoot...

I advise you...

After having uselessly spent 1 hour with the Telnet of the windows (BLEAHHHH) I recommend you to use Putty for all of Your operations (Thanks GoldServe) Razz

Using Putty I have reset the settings at factory default and I have rebotted La Fonera.

Result? WORKS BETTER OF BEFORE! Cool Razz :wink:

Dapa
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
the mtd utility is implemented. but i still need to rewrite some redboot parts to flash with web interface in the current easy way. its not much, but a little bit work. today i was busy with getting the wds tab to work with the fonera. i hope it works with the new release now (encryption is still not supported with common wds, but with wdssta and wdsap)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am testing all the fonera released versions.

For those who didn´t read the the Wiki page of fonera http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/La_Fonera_Flashing dont use the fonera_flashing.txt from the firmware dir to flash because it´s not complete and give a kernel panic.

I have see many people saying that th tftp dont work ....

Try to use this ip_address -l 192.168.x.x/24 -h (server ip)

Great Work BrainSlayer.

Thanks.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
spacemind wrote:
I am testing all the fonera released versions.

For those who didn´t read the the Wiki page of fonera http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/La_Fonera_Flashing dont use the fonera_flashing.txt from the firmware dir to flash because it´s not complete and give a kernel panic.

I have see many people saying that th tftp dont work ....

Try to use this ip_address -l 192.168.x.x/24 -h (server ip)

Great Work BrainSlayer.

Thanks.

mmh this doc works on 4 mb models only. i'm using it for flashing my unit and the tftp works too. but the people must use a installed local tftp server and not a client like for broadcom devices

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

mmh this doc works on 4 mb models only. i'm using it for flashing my unit and the tftp works too. but the people must use a installed local tftp server and not a client like for broadcom devices

Want to shed some light on what has been changed in 0116 from 0113_2 ?

Love this project! Smile
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
its almost wds related. from my point of view the wds tab stuff will now work

Navigation

Jump to: