From DD-WRT Wiki
You are here: DD-WRT wiki mainpage / LaFonera
|LaFonera Software |
Software related documentation
|LaFonera Hardware |
Hardware related documentation
LaFonera is the router that the FON service utilizes in order to spread Wi-Fi to wherever they are installed.
 Quick navigation
- All categories of documentation about the LaFonera
 Known Good Firmware Versions
 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/15/13) std - build 21286
Note as of 2014-01-28: the newest firmware version that successfully boots and runs on a Fonera 2100 A/B/C is r21286; newer versions (r21676 and beyond) are broken and do not boot, necessitating recovery via Redboot.
(Note on 2012-01-11) I have been running version 12533 for months at a time with no major issues,
2007-11-23 RC5 - Latest Fonera release (20080408). Stable. I'm having an uptime of 59 days right now.
10/10 - More stable and features JFFS and Super channel.
04/16 - Features faster web interface / reboot times.
03/23 - Features working Client Bridge mode.
03/10 - Features working Client mode.
If you wanna try out one of the beta releases, the above Fonera DD-WRT beta firmware versions seem to be most recommended in the forums / have least buggy features. As of writing the latest Fonera DD-WRT version was 04/25.
 Flashing of a LaFonera
To flash your Fonera with DD-WRT for the first time, follow the Initial Flashing guide.
To upgrade the DD-WRT firmware on your Fonera, follow the Upgrade Flashing guide.
 Building DD-WRT for the LaFonera from Source
 Downloading the sources via SVN
svn co svn://svn.dd-wrt.com/DD-WRT DD-WRT will download the complete source-files in a directory called DD-WRT.
Please note that this is a very large download (really very hughe, currently (may 2007) downloads 8.4GB of source code), so be prepared that it might take a while. Compared to OpenWrt Kamikaze with only 60MB. Kamikaze with all packages and source tarballs downloads about 500MB.
the makefile you need for this task is src/router/Makefile.ar531x which simply can be called by make -f Makefile.ar531x all the sources should be within the svn, but i was not able yet to check if everything is compileable. if a third party is able to test this i will give him advices if he has troubles. (the last time this worked good together with "Tornado")
Update: When trying to compile using that makefile, the following is returned,
total@C-Dog:~/DD-WRT$ make -f Makefile.ar531x
make: Makefile.ar531x: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.ar531x'. Stop.
comment: change to src/router as written in the instructions.
 Todo List for the LaFonera DD-WRT Firmware
- Fix error with ipkg!
- +1 for this one! :-)
- Universal Repeater mode
- SD/MMC kernel module for LaFonera SD-Card hack - (SD/MMC Driver)
- Adding VPNC
- Fix Wiviz- and Site Survey
- Webinterface "Applications" ->QoS has 4 Ethernetports to adjust Ethernet Port Priority [The LaFonera has only one Ethernet Port...)
- QoS (or Bandwith limiting for Hotspots)
- guides to
- set up and acess the jffs partition
- install ipkgs on the jffs and how to run them
- set up cifs or samba to store captures packets with aircrack and to install ipkgs to mounted cifs share
- Can someone make a tutorial here how to make Xlink Kai work with a La Fonera?
- Working VLANs, currently discards all incoming tags. --Neffs
- Can someone make some script/tutorial so people can still use FON_AP as option?
- A working guide to get miau working now that jffs2 is availible? There seems to be an error with "logs" directory.
- Can someone set an external drive (HDD) to a Fonera? Is it possible? can it be done by using the sd card interface?